What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting happenings at Parramatta

Misty Bee

First Grade
This weeks events have been interesting to say the least (well, frigin diabolical, but anyway)

Saturday: team prepares for must win game v Melbourne, spirits high on the back of a good string of victories.

Sunday: Team capitulates and gets flogged.

Sunday night: Criticism of Brian Smith surfaces after pathetic effort on the field.

Monday: Parra forum closes down.

Wednesday: Alan Overton comes out in support of Brian Smith. (Usually that means that the coach is on thin ice, but anyway...)

Put it into context to what has happened in recent times, namely 2 incidents.

1) After bowiong out of the finals race last year, Smith, Wagon and Cayless were seen leaving Fitzy's office on a very sombre mood.

2) Earlier this year, a blue broke out between Fitzy and Sterlo (a Smith supporter) in a box, where Fitzy is reportedly acusing Sterlo of being on 'Ovo's camp'.

May I red between the lines and suggest that Ovo is a Smith man, and Fitzy isn't - and the club is becoming divided along these lines?

Is there unrest at the top that will lead to off season drama?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
This weeks events have been interesting to say the least (well, frigin diabolical, but anyway)

Saturday: team prepares for must win game v Melbourne, spirits high on the back of a good string of victories.

Sunday: Team capitulates and gets flogged.

Sunday night: Criticism of Brian Smith surfaces after pathetic effort on the field.

Monday: Parra forum closes down.

Wednesday: Alan Overton comes out in support of Brian Smith. (Usually that means that the coach is on thin ice, but anyway...)

Put it into context to what has happened in recent times, namely 2 incidents.

1) After bowiong out of the finals race last year, Smith, Wagon and Cayless were seen leaving Fitzy's office on a very sombre mood.

2) Earlier this year, a blue broke out between Fitzy and Sterlo (a Smith supporter) in a box, where Fitzy is reportedly acusing Sterlo of being on 'Ovo's camp'.

May I red between the lines and suggest that Ovo is a Smith man, and Fitzy isn't - and the club is becoming divided along these lines?

Is there unrest at the top that will lead to off season drama?

Now Misty......you where warned once about stalking Parramatta managemnet :lol: :lol: ,

In all seriousness i don't think it's attributed to Brian Smith!,

The Sterlo incident was apparently over Fitzgerald's language towards a female which Sterlo didn't appreciate!!,

And Overton has now where near as much Power as what Fitzgerald has.....so even if Alan was a Smith fan......this would mean little!!

slippery eel

Juniors
Why would Fitzy care anyway in regards to how Parra perform on the field?. He wasn't to worried in the early 90's..... why start now!. As long as Parra Leagues is making money which it always does, he's laughing.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
slippery eel said:
Why would Fitzy care anyway in regards to how Parra perform on the field?. He wasn't to worried in the early 90's..... why start now!. As long as Parra Leagues is making money which it always does, he's laughing.

With the new pokie machine tax Dennis will need more then a succesfull Leagues club to make money.....having a good side to draw big drowds will be a must.......so afterwards they all head back to Parra Leagues!!

slippery eel

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
slippery eel said:

With the new pokie machine tax Dennis will need more then a succesfull Leagues club to make money.....having a good side to draw big drowds will be a must.......so afterwards they all head back to Parra Leagues!!

isnt this new tax just a million a year???. Parra make upwards of 40 million a year.

midas

Juniors
having an extra thousand or so people at the club after the game 12 times a year wouldn,t matter a stuff to major clubs.All the pokies are being played at that time ,anyway.
I think Fitzy is the main Smith supporter not Overton who is only a figurehead,anyway.
The Fitzy /Sterlo thing had its beginnings 20 years ago and had nothing to do with anyone except Fitzy and Sterlo.
I don,t think we neeed to look for any conspiracy theories,Smith will be in charge again next year,but will need to produce the goods this time.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Well the Parraeels forum is back and Misty's thread is still there so I don't think there's any conspiracy.

BTW, I post on Parraeels as Mango Man. Don't ask me why :lol:

country eel

Juniors
parraeels forum still closed. :(
jamielyon.gif

El Diablo

Post Whore
poojar said:
country eel said:
parraeels forum still closed. :(

yeah, if this keeps up might actually have to do some work

Well it must of lasted all of an hour before it was closed this time.

It would be worth their while stating why so people aren't left in the dark and left speculating.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Mango Man? Maybe you live in an area that grows mangos. Lucky you don't live near date palms, I guess!

Ron, I know what that argument was about. It was reported that that particular conversation took place in the heat of the moment.

Can anyone recall the elections of '95, when Fitzy struggled to hold onto power after a decade of craqpperformances? He went out and bought the Canterbury 4 and Brian Smith, and got voted back in. Coincidence????

El Diablo

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:
BTW they just closed the Forum again. Maybe Smithy read what we wrote last night!

Why don't they just close it permanently rather than keeping up with this shit :evil:

trust Misty to come out with shit like this.............

Take your hand off it, mate, its just another of your paranoid dreams