What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Stats! (From Big League)

Ultima

Juniors
Canberra:

Score almost twice as many tries on the right side of the field (50 compared to 28 on the left).

Stats say they have the worst kick-chase in the NRL, conceding on average 122 metres on kick returns per match, as many as last-placed Souths. Yeah but they are LAST and we are FOURTH!Hopfully we can improve on this one! It use to be one of our strong points but it maybe because we want a tighter line up instead of a fast one....

They shut down offloads better than any side, conceding just under 12 a match. So I guess that would be good against the Warriors...

Are the best team defending the high kick. Go Schifcofske!

Are arguably the most disciplined side in the finals - best in the NRL for completion rates (75.1%), best error-rate and concede the least metres per set of tackles. Yay! GO THE GREEN MACHINE![/colour]

Are the only side not to have scored from a bomb this season, with their 25 tried from kicks coming from chips or grubbers. Some of our chips have been near bombs.... I think the main reason is we really don't follow the ball or put enough pressure on the defence :(

Anyway that's it... I'll post the Storms stats later tonight (Unless someone else feels up to it!)

raidersfan

Juniors
Our kicking game is up the shit :-& seriously if we improved on this we would be supreme. Ohwell lets see how we go tomorrow night against the storm.

Raider_69

Post Whore
intresting indeed.....

i think our kick chase is one of the best in the comp
we always have a nice straight line, no where to run

Ultima

Juniors
raidersfan said:
Our kicking game is up the sh*t :-& seriously if we improved on this we would be supreme. Ohwell lets see how we go tomorrow night against the storm.

I think our kicking game has been good... It's our support play that has been letting us down...

We haven't scored any tries from bombs?

Pffft.

I can remember at least three kicks in which Drew has put up that has resulted in tries, mainly to Joel and also one to Lolesi. I would hardly classify them as chip kicks either.

Other than that and the kick-chase stat, nothing else really surprises me.

Paullyboy

Coach
Its painfully obvious we have no short kicking game, occasionally we get a few to pull off but the majority are nothing kicks when we are inside the 20. Its our biggest flaw in my eyes.

I think we should put heaps of pressure on Slater at the back. He doesn't put his body on the line like other fullbacks. If you watch him, theres been a few times this season when he's worried more about personal safety than the ball. Let's put up a huge bomb, with the crowd going nuts at him and trying to watch it up in the lights....I bet he spills it. The big Raiders pack bearing down on him...worrying about getting crunched, a rookie who doesn't put his body on the line is bound to crack. As for our kick and chase, that is probably the only area we've missed Finch's enthusiasm this year.

Latest posts