What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International Logo

Jeffles

Bench
How do you put a spinning logo on a T-Shirt?

I've done a rough draft of a logo but I don't know how to put it on this forum. Little help?

Big Bunny

Juniors
Upload it to a webpage and then type the link here, but put it inside

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I think the coca cola sevens logo is the best logo.

I'd perhaps put a water mark of "XIII" behind it.

griff

Bench
Kurt Angle said:
I think the coca cola sevens logo is the best logo.

I'd perhaps put a water mark of "XIII" behind it.

I don't like the whole XIII thing, it implies RL is just a version of RU but with a different number of players, like sevens or tens.

griff

Bench
Big Bunny said:
I'm tempted to post the one I did, but I guess I should wait if it's hopefully taken up. :)

Here's my go, took about 5 mins and it is still 100 times better than the current one.

RLIF.gif

Jeffles

Bench
Big Bunny said:
Email it to me and I'll upload it for you if you like.

Thanks for the offer.

I aksed my girlfriend for a computer tutorial. Hopefully this works.

http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jeffles82/detail?.dir=/fa5a&.dnm=ce98.jpg&.src=phhttp://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/42b2ae56z7961b896/fa5a/__sr_/ce98.jpg?phcVrsCBdKE9S8Dk

1) The colours are the present RLIF colours and more importantly they are PNG colours (a country that has embraced RL like many others should).

2) The middle seam is in line with the equator (roughly).

3) Note the laces make a XIII

4) English and French writing.

5) No part of the world is left out. Apologies for Greenland. I couldn't find a decent world image.

This is a rough design. I need to polish it up (alignment, symmetry etc).

Big Bunny

Juniors
Jeffles, it looks alright and the colours work, but there's too much detail in it. Any logo needs to be able to be clear at around the size of a fingernail. I'd suggest making the XIII larger, in a bold font, removing the outline on the countries and making them simplistic.

When I submitted my design I gave them two. One a modern piece and the second a more traditional design like yours. Initially they liked the second better, now I don't know what they like.

Ari Gold

Bench
c'mon guys.....its a friken logo......who cares

i'd rather if they'd concentrate on other things like World Cup announcements etc.

Jeffles

Bench
Roby, we have to keep ourselves occupied in the mean time!

Thanks for the feedback BB. Like I alluded to before, I'm not the most tech savvy bloke goin round. I also don't like the black outline of the countries. It is there because it was on the world image I used. I didn't have the time nor the patience to remove them.

It does look busy I concede. The "fingernail" test you use is similar to the "letterhead" test I use. I shrink the size of any logo I create down to a 5cm width (about the size that would appear on a letterhead or polo shirt) and print it out. It still looked fine so I didn't change it.

Big Bunny

Juniors
robyalvaro said:
c'mon guys.....its a friken logo......who cares

i'd rather if they'd concentrate on other things like World Cup announcements etc.

Well, I care because this is what I do for a living as well as a hobby.

***MH***

Bench
just a caution when using red and yellow as a global symbol as it offends many ex-pats refugees of communist countries, i.e. USSR, China, Vietnam

Big Bunny

Juniors
***MH*** said:
just a caution when using red and yellow as a global symbol as it offends many ex-pats refugees of communist countries, i.e. USSR, China, Vietnam

If people want to be offended by colours then maybe they should grow a thicker skin. I don't see McDonalds or any other fast food chain being swamped for their colour scheme.

***MH***

Bench
after viewing the student world cup logo, i wouldn't mind something like that representing us internationally
header_r1_c1.gif

griff

Bench
It looks like clipart of an American football to me rather than a rugby ball.

Americans have pointy balls, not us.