What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International RL 'nicknames' - England ?

Evil Homer

Staff member
What is so bad about GB tours?

A Lions tour to Aus and NZ every four years would be great, and it wouldn't stop England, etc playing in the meantime.
What's good about them? What would they achieve apart from a pointless throwback to a time when international RL was unstructured and disorganized, something we're desperately trying to get away from?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
What's good about them? What would they achieve apart from a pointless throwback to a time when international RL was unstructured and disorganized, something we're desperately trying to get away from?

I understand you don't want them but I'm just wondering why they can't co-exist.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I understand you don't want them but I'm just wondering why they can't co-exist.
Why do they need to coexist, or exist at all? If this wasn't something that had happened in the past nobody would be suggesting it now, the idea would probably be laughed at and dismissed out of hand. Apart from nostalgia it serves no purpose in the modern era.