What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inu no certainty: Kearney

Runaround Man

Juniors
Kearney is Melbourne.

Melbourne is machine, well oiled, well disciplined.

Can't say that Inu matches the bill as much as I love him playing for Parra.

Kearney likes a different kind of player. Just comes down to style.

Inu has a lot of finesse, I don't think Kearney rates his style of play.

Gronk

Staff member
Kearney overlooked INU! and played Kieran Foran. Foran's career consists of 9 FG games...

Time to place a rocket up Kisnan's arse IMHO.

Parra Guru

Coach
Inu played like a busted ar$ehole for 90% of the season. His selection shows that there is a lack of decent outside backs available for NZ.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kearney overlooked INU! and played Kieran Foran. Foran's career consists of 9 FG games...

Time to place a rocket up Kisnan's arse IMHO.

Inu played like a busted ar$ehole for 90% of the season. His selection shows that there is a lack of decent outside backs available for NZ.

whilst he had aqn ordinary season by his standards, he did show some positive signs in the last 2 months of the comp where he finally responded to the coach's advise..

I hope for his and our sake he continues it next year because at full strength he probably wouldn't be in the 17 atm.

Bigfella

Coach
He should have been picked for the Kiwis.

He has shown enough class and also recent form to be there ahead of others, including Foran out of position.

Coach got it wrong and they are out.

Parra Guru

Coach
whilst he had aqn ordinary season by his standards, he did show some positive signs in the last 2 months of the comp where he finally responded to the coach's advise..

I hope for his and our sake he continues it next year because at full strength he probably wouldn't be in the 17 atm.

I agree, I'd love nothing more than for him to hit form but ATM I think our strongest backline looks like this:

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy
4. Tahu
5. Grothe

bartman

Immortal
It'll be a toss up between Tahu returning to a code he hasn't played for a while (and his subsequent injuries) versus Inu whose consisetncy was a worry during 2008-9, for that starting centre spot.

Given that, I'm not concerned in the slightest that Inu didn't crack teh Kiwi side this time. One would have to think that for Parra it will come down to training and trial form to decide if he makes round 1's backline?

Kornstar

Coach
He should have been picked for the Kiwis.

He has shown enough class and also recent form to be there ahead of others, including Foran out of position.

Coach got it wrong and they are out.

It was a big call to use Foran over Inu and he got it wrong.....now we have to watch Australia smash the poms by atleast 50!

lucablight

First Grade
lol @ anyone thinking Inu isn't one of New Zealands best outside backs. To not pick him was just wrong.

Bigfella

Coach
I reckon it comes down to the fact that Melbourne perceive parra as fairly mentally soft.

I know in the two biggest games we've played them in 2007 and 2009 Inu had a few opportunities one on one against Steve Turner and Turner held him out. I reckon that might be part of whatever problem Kearney has with Inu.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Goodwin and Perrett had shockers the other night,INU on the wing is light years ahead of either of them blokes IMO.