What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inu's backwards field goals

Natalie's Daddy said:
I am a referee, I am sure. The heel is not counted.

That's right... From Section 2 of the Laws...

The ARL Laws of the Game said:
Drop Goal -- sometimes referred to as a Field Goal, is a goal scored by propelling the ball on the full, over the crossbar, by drop kicking it.
The ARL Laws of the Game said:
Kick -- means imparting motion to the ball with any part of the leg (except the heel) from knee to toe inclusive.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Good rule too. Probably brought in to stop players taking the easy option and potting fieldgoals backwards with their heels.

Hellsy

Immortal
Maroubra Eel said:
Good rule too. Probably brought in to stop players taking the easy option and potting fieldgoals backwards with their heels.

:LOL: :LOL:

mickdo said:
Well bugger me with a fishfork!

:LOL: :LOL:

Laughing at the both of you, classic!!!!! :clap:

Pedro Collins

Juniors
What was the rest of the news article on 7 about last night when he was doing his back heel trick?

I was at the pub with my brother and no sound and we instantly thought it was about him taking his Mormon leave next year. I know it would have been bought up if it was that but it had me worried.

Redback71

First Grade
dont ask me why timmy keeps kick the for, he cant kick feild goals if his life depended on it.

we have to established feild goal kickers in brett finch and ian hindmarsh, so why dont they kick them instead?

mickdo

Coach
Redback71 said:
dont ask me why timmy keeps kick the for, he cant kick feild goals if his life depended on it.

we have to established feild goal kickers in brett finch and ian hindmarsh, so why dont they kick them instead?
i reckon inu could be the new designated fg kicker soon. he didnt miss by much with the 40+ attempt against the dogs

sooperdooper

First Grade
tim smiths attempt before half time wasnt far off at all... in the past when we have tried its been at the wrong time
eg: 2 min to go with pressure

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Pedro Collins said:
What was the rest of the news article on 7 about last night when he was doing his back heel trick?

I was at the pub with my brother and no sound and we instantly thought it was about him taking his Mormon leave next year. I know it would have been bought up if it was that but it had me worried.
yeah just the usual mormon questions, how he is not pressured to do it, but his family and he would like to do it

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Maroubra Eel said:

I think it has more to do with making sure the player is in control. If he is kicking with his heel, ala Sonny Bill Williams, there is obviously no intention to kick.

Latest posts