What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inu's hamstring to be put to the test

The Colonel

Immortal
Inu's hamstring to be put to the test

Posted September 17, 2009 07:12:00
Krisnan Inu (right) needs to pass a fitness test to take his place against the Titans. (Getty Images: Matt King)

Parramatta coach Daniel Anderson says centre Krisnan Inu is yet to run at full pace and may not play in Friday's NRL semi-final against the Gold Coast Titans.
Inu missed Sunday's win over the Dragons with a hamstring injury, but has been named in the team for tomorrow night's match at the Sydney Football Stadium.
However Anderson says Inu will have to pass a fitness test at training today.
"Hamstrings are delicate so I know that I don't make bold predictions," he said.
"You can make some bold predictions about some injuries, but not hamstrings.
"You have to put it under a fair bit of fatigue first to see if it reacts, so we'll test it out."
Anderson is confident his side will not buckle under pressure against the Titans.
He said his team has shown it can handle the pressure of sudden-death matches.
"The pressure has started to build and hasn't really built on too many occasions," he said.
"We've probably had three real big pressure games and we came through them pretty well, so we'll need to carry those good feelings and those good areas we've worked on this week for sure."
Anderson said he would encourage his players to back their instincts tomorrow night.
The Eels took risks in attack against the Dragons and it led to some turnovers, but Anderson said he is not looking at changing tactics.
"I can't ask them to completely change their mindset just because of the last 10 minutes of the game," he said.
"We have some technical things that we undertake if we're trying to close out the game, but these boys are going to score tries if the opportunity presents itself."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/09/17/2688272.htm?site=sport&section=all

The Colonel

Immortal
<H1 style="FILTER: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='http://static.rugbyleaguelive.com/common/images/module_mid_top_blue.png',sizingMethod='crop')">Inu to face Eels fitness test today
12028_inu_krisnan_a_614.jpg

AAP | 17/09/09 | 0

Parramatta centre Krisnan Inu will face a rigorous fitness test on his injured hamstring today with coach Daniel Anderson cautious about rushing the former Kiwi Test star back too early.

Inu will be put through his paces at training today, but a decision on his availability for Friday's NRL semi-final with the Gold Coast may not be made until tomorrow morning.

The Eels are hopeful Inu will be fit for the game, although Jonathan Wright is expected to replace him again if he cannot play.
</H1>
http://rugbyleaguelive.com.au/Articles/6652/2009/09/17/Inu_to_face_Eels_fitness_test_today.aspx

84 Baby

Referee
Hamstring strains are annoying because they don't really hurt but when you try and run you look like a gumby cause you can't get full power from your leg. I'm sure this is why we're getting mixed reports from Inu (he's not in pain) and Ando (Inu can't run properly)

eels_

Juniors
I don't think ando said Inu can't run properly... As far as I am aware he hasn't tried to run full steam yet...

But yes hammys suck.. they feel fine until you sprint then you get a twinge... they take a long time to heal 100%. Fingers crossed. Good to know he wont play unless he is 100%.

yeah rumor is Inu is no chance now.
yesterday he was a certain starter but today no chance according to media reports on the footy show and One HD.

Latest posts