What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Irvine on grill team

Ausguy

Coach
100% carch... i didnt say it out loud but lots of the antagonists are in the latter stages of life and honestly some of them probably wont see the ribbon get cut.

Thats not a jibe at them, its facts.

Others might see the ribbon get cut and then go inside and play bingo then come out to their car parked in the pensioner car spot...

yep im saying most of them wont see 2030. deal with it.

Ausguy

Coach
im saying it will be well and truly done by then which is good for the future shire residents. As a result the current opposition to this development who may well be gone by then shouldnt stop something that will ultimatley not impact them.

redback

Bench
I have to admit I didn't think much of DI when he first took the reigns at the club, but I reckon' he's really grown into the role and I'm quite impressed. Thought he handled himself really well and it's good to hear we don't have Carney in a social straight jacket.

Personally, I think he has a long way to go. Yes he has passion for the club, but it takes alot more than that to run a succesful club.

newman

First Grade
i dont know what the grill team is.

so i dont know about the legitimacy of that particular show.

that said, if the words irvine used were "looking" for a sponsor. could be emplied that there is more work to do than what he was quoted in the SMH last week or monday or whenever it was.

This shits me. If you dont know about something, why make any comment? Particularly if its critical. Its all well and good to have an opinion but if you admit you dont understand the context, why even weigh in?

newman

First Grade
Personally, I think he has a long way to go. Yes he has passion for the club, but it takes alot more than that to run a succesful club.

He has a long way to go in what respect?

He has done everything asked of him, and more, and did it all for free. The club is looking like it is in a fantastic position moving forward. Contrast that to 3 years ago when he took over. Jesus, what do you want?

redback

Bench
He has a long way to go in what respect?

He has done everything asked of him, and more, and did it all for free. The club is looking like it is in a fantastic position moving forward. Contrast that to 3 years ago when he took over. Jesus, what do you want?

I am not saying he is incompotent, but would you have him in your top 5 or 10 administrators in the game?

Do you honestly believe that after 3 years in the job he is the complete package?

Personally, I don't think he interviews well. Nor do I think he wields enough power in NRL land. How hard was it to look good after the last board?

Last edited:
This shits me. If you dont know about something, why make any comment? Particularly if its critical. Its all well and good to have an opinion but if you admit you dont understand the context, why even weigh in?

thats fair enough. i was a bit quick to judge.
i dont have the opportunity to hear things live from sydney given where i live.

i was more responding to this.
- looking for a sponsor

i wanted to know what that meant, having not heard it. and more importantly, did he use those exact words.

i perhaps should have made myself more clear on the matter.

Card Shark

Immortal
I am not saying he is incompotent, but would you have in your top 5 or 10 administrators in the game?

Do you honestly believe that after 3 years in the job he is the complete package?

Personally, I don't think he interviews well. Nor do I think he wields enough power in NRL land. How hard was it to look good after the last board?

Hard to argue with any of that.

Not because it makes sense but only because I can't be bothered.

well...

who ar ethe top execs?

Greenburg...he's probably the best.

other than that who knows. given the job Irvine has he is doing ok at the moment.

i guess goals for this year ar ethe development being approved
sponsorship in place
and a sustainable business plan into the future.

since he's come in we have

lost less money as a footy club
signed sponsors in the face of the four corners gangbang......gallen racism...multiple losses etc
the club is still alive

the one thing that would be in the loss collumn would be that tradies merger that didnt happen with the LC.
then again im not sure what that would have meant long term anyway.

jc155776

Coach
2 years ago Michael Seattle was the messiah. Dogs fans not rioting or raping anyone for 12 months is seen as Greenberg doing well.

What is it that Greenberg has done to be the best? (legit question BTW)

since he's been on board theyve completely changed the way they are perceived in the media and as a club.
there was alot of negativity surrounding the dogs post salray cap/coffs/sonny bill etc

under him theyve become a huge member base club that IMO has the best value for money memberships in the comp.
under him not only have they got lucrative corporate support..but being on board with camp quality puts a huge positive association with the bulldogs.
and in this off season he got under manly's guard and signed a great coach.

he's a smart operator.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Fair question too Stuff. The Dogs were on the nose when he took the job on from memory. He had the nuts to get rid of Moore who was dyed in the wool Blue and White mafia, presided over the SBW fiasco, i think (please correct me) was the go to man to trurn the club around after the Oasis scandal thingy, and TBH they have been somthing of a success on the field. The latest coup is Dessie so yeah I guess he could be number 1? Tell ya what though, our Mr Irvine is coping with all that shit also IMV.