What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone else concerned?

lucablight

First Grade
Our defence had been so good over the past couple of weeks. This week we conceded 26 points against a mediocre Roosters outfit. I'm happy with the win of course but I really think we should have run away with it. It reminds me about how in last years final where the Sea Eagles scored some soft easy tries at the end and we lost the next game.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Yes and no

normally it would be a big worry but all things considered it's not that bad it was a big week for upsets so just winning was an achivement and there is enough time between now and the finals to get the defence back in order

also it was the 1st time in 10 weeks that the opposition has topped 20 pts, you can't keep a streak like that going forever

and finally I'd prefer to win a grad find 51-50 then lose it 7-6

mickdo

Coach
It is a little bit dissapointing, but in fairness the Roosters scored 40 points last week, and were throwing the ball around quite a lot. We also were without Caylo after 15 minutes, and Robinson went off in the second half with a similar injury.

strider

Post Whore
I'm not .... I think its ok to have the odd off game .... I think if you get too hyped up for every game u can burn out .... I don't mind if the intensity is down a bit against the roosters and we still win.

injuries concern me tho

Macca_

Coach
As I said to the mrs earlier, the Roosters have nothing to lose in recent weeks and have been throwing it round, chipping over the top etc and having fun to finish the season. It's coming off with points. Dissapointing to concede to them yes, but not something to get worried about.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not concerned. Chad and Caylo both off for extended periods was always going to lead to a higher than usual level of fatigue. Plus the Roosters are a good side, they put 40 on last week and same against the Cowboys a few weeks back. Their kicking game was very good as well.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
i think it's good we weren't at our best and had a few injuries and still won comfortably. i'm more worried about the injuries we had to be perfectly honest i hope caylo and robbo are ok.

bradeel

Juniors
Let's face it, at 40-14 after the PJ try, the boys clocked off completely and avoiding injury became their major concern for the last 15-20 mins. In that time the Roosters scored a couple of soft tries but the game was won. A bit of a shame for for and against, but essentially the ball is in our court anyway because we play the Broncos who are the only team with a similar Pts Difference. We beat them this week and we'll almost certainly be Top 4 come Finals Time.

That being said, this will be no easy task and I am very very worried about playing minus Cayless against a side that was very physical against the Dogs.

Utey

Coach
They threw the ball around and did some pretty good stuff. Very hard to defend to that sort of stuff. Not bothered.

Parraletic

Juniors
Not really. as long as they won. I think the points conceded at the end will be a good kick in the pants they needed before the finals.

Suitman

Post Whore
Macca_ said:
As I said to the mrs earlier, the Roosters have nothing to lose in recent weeks and have been throwing it round, chipping over the top etc and having fun to finish the season.

Exactly. Ricky Stuart even smiled once or twice, and his team were getting flogged.
I think it was a case of "small mercies" at the end of a really crap season for the Roosters.
A more disciplined team wouldn't be so outrageous.

In saying that though, it is no secret, and hasn't been for a long time, that defensively, Eric Grothe is pretty dumb. parra pete has been saying it for ages. It is so obvious.
Don't be surprised if he is the main target running into and including the semi's, for the oppositions attack.
If I was playing Parra, that's what I'd be doing. Including high balls.

Suity

eel4life

Juniors
We won the game we are top 4 who cares really?

after round ten i was dreaming of making of 8th place not cementing our spot in the 8.

Just goes to show we have things to work on and get ready for a rough and hard game next week, thats all we can do.

fridge

not really concerned.

the roosters have been playing quite well the last couple of weeks.

their first couple tries were off great kicks, exploiting the fact our defence gets up pretty quick. but i'd rather we go up quick than wait and slide.

only try that concerned me was fitzgibbons, but that was just a quick play the ball and a misread by morrison.

Tank30

Juniors
Not concerned at all....We scored 40 points ffs....

It doesn't matter who we play, if we score 40 we will win...Simple maths in that one folks.

Parraren

Bench
We played below our best and still racked up 40 and never looked like losing the game and did it away from home with our captain on the sidelines for most of the game.

Sounds good to me. ;-)

Latest posts