What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone else concerned?

Redback71

First Grade
yes i was but we had cayless, robinson, wagon and hindmarsh off at the time.

thats a lot off defence left up to the backs if those 4 were still on we would not have conceded those soft tries

James_Hardie

Juniors
It was very hard to defend the roosters the way they played. I thought we were a bit flat, but did enough and that was the main thing.

Heard Stuart whinging we had the rub of the green with the ref. Please Ricky. Number one, when we were on the bottom of the table this year, we were getting hammered by the ref's, its what happens. And Two, the Roosters didn't conceed a penalty for three years from 2002-2004!

True EEL

Bench
i was worried about this

in fact yesterday's game and effort made me think back to the Manly semi-final game last year - similar result - and we know what happened after that one

however, the Roosters have ben putting points on people lately and we had Caylo off the field early and some players just not playing at the required intensity - hopefully JT will let them know about it....

V1er

Juniors
Not concerned, we pretty much clocked off after the PJ try, just a thing that they can work on during training i guess to try and keep the intensity up.

mickdo

Coach
Yeah, it was 40-14 with 20 to go, and the Roosters still kept throwing the ball around, so that tells you how much in control we were.

yy_cheng

Coach
Suitman said:
Exactly. Ricky Stuart even smiled once or twice, and his team were getting flogged.
I think it was a case of "small mercies" at the end of a really crap season for the Roosters.
A more disciplined team wouldn't be so outrageous.

In saying that though, it is no secret, and hasn't been for a long time, that defensively, Eric Grothe is pretty dumb. parra pete has been saying it for ages. It is so obvious.
Don't be surprised if he is the main target running into and including the semi's, for the oppositions attack.
If I was playing Parra, that's what I'd be doing. Including high balls.

Suity

In contrast, wasn't Jarryd very good defensively. Maybe 1 mistake but he showed the oppos. winger and Cross the sideline and won.

oneguy

Juniors
Your concerns about defence is but one thing - if you wanted to - you could probably have posted this after the game against the Sharks as well - where in the end we won comfortably, but there was signs there then as well. Sharks were making 60m gains and we were making 40m gains in a set of 6.

The loss of Cayless has also played a factor in the last 2 games, focing Josh into the starting prop role, and no replacement prop forward on the bench.

Yeh - you can bring this up again - but take nothing away from the Broncos - and to a lesser extent the Cowboys.

Latest posts