What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Frizzel the anti Packer solution?

mickeylane

Bench
I picked up on a comment on the JA forum suggesting Frizzel could fill the Packer role up front and move one of our edge forwards to the right side (Simms, Hosts, Luciano, Sele)

I think Frizzell is a bigger animal than Packer and could see him taking up hit ups 1 and 3 in any set he's that fit and explosive...he defends like a motherf**ker and would be an amazing Middle forward partner w Vaughan...I could see Sele being a great right edge forward or even Simms or Host - Hunt would have a field day setting these monsters up..

Frizzel anyone?

possm

Coach
Frizz is super playing as an edge forward

Definitely not a prop

Can defend in the middle but far more productive terrorizing opposition teams on the edge of the ruck.
Our right side edge defence is the problem. Surely we could not afford to shift Frizell to prop.

I'm waiting to see how Kerr and Lawrie go in first grade. Sele has done well and may be the one to partner Ah Mau in the prop rotation. Sims off the bench for the backrow along with Leilua.

So I say, if Millward does not recruit a hard nosed prop to replace Packer, then rotate Sele/Kerr/Lawrie on the bench for the rest of the season.

Simon

Juniors
Friz will end up in the front row, but hopefully not for a few years yet.

I can see him moving there as he slows with age, like Creagh.

j0nesy

Bench
I don't think he's a prop, not big enough. Besides he's killing it as an edge backrower. Hopefully one of the young guys can step up - Kerr or Lawrie. I see Sele as a lock or 2nd rower, but could be a prop too.

gitano

Juniors
No. What a waste.

Frizell still has plenty of halves and centres to trample. Once he goes the way of the Creagh put him in the middle, but that's a long way off.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think Frizzell's best position is lock, but we have DeBelin killing it at lock right now. I know that lock's play in the middle now and is like a 3rd prop. I thought lock was Frizzell's best position before he played there for NSW last year. Frizzell would make a top prop. He is tough, plays hard and is a goer. I think if he was playing prop regularly he would be one of the top props in the game. I actually thought he went very well when he played prop for us a few years back. At the time we had a small pack that had a reputation as being soft as well. I think if Frizzell was play prop for us with the pack we currently now have, he would go very well. I actually like Frizzell in the middle, he doesn't have to wait for the game to come to him and he provides steel in the middle. As Hewi said above. I remember hearing/reading something along the lines that Frizzell said that playing prop physically drained him or exhausted him.

In saying all of that I am very happy with Frizzell at second row right now.