What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it a crime around here to like 3 codes?

saints_fireup

Juniors
I find the whole 'code-war' rather amusing.

The insecurity and defensiveness of league fans does nothing more than imply an admission of the administration of the NRL.

Personally, I enjoy both games immensely. Having played each, I understand they require different but equally respectable skills. The code superiority complex says more about the individual than the code.

However, do I believe the game will be successful in Western Sydney? Not really. The entrenchment of league in the west will require something special to penetrate. Sydney fans rarely mobilise for it's so-called passion, let alone for a code of which it knows little.

Nonetheless, it is a business and the AFL has seen an investment opportunity which it believes will yield a benefit to the code. If anything, League fans should be directing their anger at the incompetencies of the NRL administration.

Last edited:

Mad Fish

Juniors
When you get comments like Hirds "we should try to own NSW and Qld".
Lynch"this is a double back hander to the NRL".Ricky Nixon AFL player agent "we will blow them out of the water".This apart from the anti rl crap that the Offsiders a Vic Tv show involving mainly AFL followers,serves up for years.
Yeah sure we are full of paranoia,wonder why.

On this comment in particular, is it not the NRL's goal to be the most popular sport in Victoria? Or for that matter, Australia?

Scarves

Juniors
I'm a Rugby League fan. The older I've become, the more I only like Rugby League as an Australian Winter Sport.

I played both League and Union at junior rep levels in the 90's but Union has since changed "tactics wise" since it officially became a "professional sport", this has affected it as a spectacle and I've become very disenfranchised with the code since the 1999 RWC.

I've watched plenty of AFL over the past 5-10 years, especially if I punt on a particular game, but seriously I can't appreciate many of the "off the ball" cat acts that many down south label as "gamemanship". I visit Melbourne often but culturally, I'm more a fan of the front on physical nature of Rugby League, the game I was brought up on, and it will be always difficult for me to appreciate some of the gutless rubbish I see in AFL. I do however understand why someone who is born and bred in Melbourne would have a deep feeling for their Australian game. and not appreciate Rugby League.

Other than League I like watching the NFL in the summer months, I really enjoy the tactics and collisions associated with the game... Cricket is also a staple of the Summer, especially the big test series.