What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it all Peter Gows fault ?

beekershark

Bench
Gow didn't start the sh*t because he cut up the jumper, the sh*t started because he lo longer was running the club since.

markstan

Juniors
It was the people who got in a huff over Gow's act of patriotism/pride. How much pride does the club have now, Just how much pride?

The Popper

Bench
`Political correctness' has led to our club's sad demise. Let's hope we can get back to some sort of on field respectability in due course but I really can't see it in the short term. Too much damage done.
I've heard that Gow was a bit of a dictator, but that's probably exactly what the club needs. I believe we would be premiers by now had he stayed.
The way we seem to be headed at the moment it might even be a good thing, in a warped sort of way, if we won the `wooden spoon' (perish the thought). At least that could initiate a bloody good shake up that I think the club probably needs. It should shake the apathy out of fans.
In saying that, it seems to me that most Sharks fans will settle for mediocrity. Perhaps we've been brought up that way. Anderson spotted it, but couldn't change it in his allowed time. Love them or hate them, Dragons fans won't stand for that sort of krap and often let their feelings be known. Constantly clapping our team for losses and listening to the bullshyt that often comes over the mike at games gives me the shyts.
`We down 20-0 but we can do it. Come on Sharks fans. We can get the team home Get Loud. GET LOUD!'
What a load of krap. Everybody knows that supporter's emotions and actions are stimulated by their team's performance on the field. Our blokes have to show us something, give us something to cheer about.
One time we were almost invincible at Shark Park. Now we seem to be everybody's doormat. As Jack Gibson once said `Success starts at the front office'.

shadowboxer

First Grade
a set of scissors set his demise and the same scissors stabbed him in the back, it was the perfect opportunity. As mentioned he was a dictator and most of the staff hated him, but he pulled us out of some deep financial poo and if not for him, we wouldnt be here.

Macca

Coach
The turn up was extremely poor. I can't remember the last time it was that empty.

Macca said:
The turn up was extremely poor. I can't remember the last time it was that empty.

You'd only be there if you had no other place to be.

It's become a bit like Groundhog day!

b_shark

Juniors
The Popper `We down 20-0 but we can do it. Come on Sharks fans. We can get the team home Get Loud. GET LOUD!' What a load of krap. Everybody knows that supporter's emotions and actions are stimulated by their team's performance on the field. Our blokes have to show us something said:
Have to agree with Popper about the shyte that gets spouted at the grounds - the last few years (with some exceptions) have felt like going to church - no-one gets excited, there is no passion in the crowd, and we have to get 15,000 young kids dancing at half time to get a crowd of 12,000. Even when we win (souths) every one seems miserable - maybe the CSSC (?) might turn things around.

chili pepper

Bench
More like to ballness merkins that got rid of him for cutting up the jersey.

Not exactly subtle but in doing that he sent a message to the entire club - f**k the rest of the them and stand up for what u believe in. And now we have headed down the complete opposite path.

I agree with Popper - he would have delivered a premiership by now. At the very worst we'd still be a force in the NRL that everyone feared....

and we'd still have Elle on our side and you can't say enough about that

Snorkleburger

Juniors
PG cut up a Manly jumper on a previous occasion to the cheers of an in awe crowd at the King Wan after another Shark win at Shark Park. As with most things it's never as good second time around.

SadShark

Bench
Gow had put in the hard yards and we were about to reap the rewards. There are no plans for a Premiership currently at the Sharks. You are all asking too much. Be happy with the rubbish that we get dished to us and you better damn well like it!

Whingers:mrgreen:

Latest posts