What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it okay to boo your Team

Father Ted

First Grade
I can't speak for Bulldogs fans but Dragons fans have not booed the team. The reference point appears to the complete lie published in News Ltd that said we booed the team at Kogarah this year. We booed the referees. Fact.

The next day I'm reading some claptrap from a hack writer and people were falling for it.

So as Willow says a complete lie by a hack journo is now some sort of historical fact. I have never seen a Saints team booed.. I really wonder about News ltd sometimes ? It's like they still have a grudge against all the old ARL teams . I admit I have seen the referee's given heaps . I will admit to booing Gordon Tallis and Rod Reddy. And thats only because in my world they are traitors.

Fire

First Grade
Not the team.

Price on the other hand --->
boo-this-man.gif

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Anyone seen Melbourne Demons getting 'encouraged' by their fans as the leave the field?

YouTube it..

I'd post the link, but noone would use it..

For the record, I'm also a demons supporter.. how do you think my 2013 is going?

Father Ted

First Grade
I can't speak for Bulldogs fans but Dragons fans have not booed the team. The reference point appears to the complete lie published in News Ltd that said we booed the team at Kogarah this year. We booed the referees. Fact.

The next day I'm reading some claptrap from a hack writer and people were falling for it.

Everyone's into us I've been sent this from what i am told is the Newcastle newspaper.

Attachments

• newcastle paper.jpg
    newcastle paper.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 23

saint.nick

Coach
Anyone seen Melbourne Demons getting 'encouraged' by their fans as the leave the field?

YouTube it..

I'd post the link, but noone would use it..

For the record, I'm also a demons supporter.. how do you think my 2013 is going?

The first video result for it is 'disgraceful scenes from melbourne demons fans' :lol:

hardbaby

Coach
I don't boo any team. I believe is raptuous applause for the Dragons and complete silence for the opposition. Why waste any energy on those pricks?

Mr Red

First Grade
Everyone's into us I've been sent this from what i am told is the Newcastle newspaper.

"losing" our fire? where has this journo been the last 12 months... the fire was well and truly gone half way through last season..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Parramatta have been booed from the field by their fans, for real. And they're coming last. I don't see the tabloid hacks doing full page spreads about them.

If anyone boos us, it'll some anti-Saints brigade or a handful of fairweather peahearts who have brainwashed into thinking it's normal by the hacks.

jenninga

First Grade
. Sadly, we've seen a few examples of fans booing their own teams this year – and of course this isn't just confined to our code. Both Bulldogs and Dragons players have had to deal with this.[/QUOTE]

Pity Erin can't get her facts right,i cannot remember the last time the Dragons were booed off at Kogarah.Refs are regularly booed off at most games so to write an illinformed article is disappointing.
Of course it's not ok to boo your team,if a team is regularly getting flogged without any effort week after week you can understand it happening,but generally players do try hard in each game and don't deserve that treatment.
Occasionally they will have an off day.
Our guys certainly haven't deserved to be booed as they have tried hard all season.

Ace-STi

Juniors
I Booed Dugan................

Last year when the Raiders beat us 22-18 in the 77th minute :lol:

Latest posts