What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible for two people to play against each other

jasonw

Juniors

Can I control MORE than 1 side in a season.
No, you can only play those games that involve your side. You also cannot have multiple human teams in the same competition. Multiple players can participate in each match, though.

I have looked everywhere on the forum (well not all) and just wanted to know is it possible for two users to play against each other either in a competition or friendly. I.e) Two controllers on one PC, one team being say the Bulldogs and the other the Warriors etc

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but none of my friends can give me a definate answer.

Moffo

Referee
yes mate, you can, in a friendly

But in a comp, only one team can be controlled per season

Cheers,
Moffo

jasonw

Juniors
Thanks for the reply Moffo..

Great news, bit strange about the comp though, but at least there is a good work around.

Thanks again

Ok in a season you can only control ONE side......but if you are controlling say South Sydney, you can control Souths in all their games and someone else can control whoever Souths play.

So while you can only play as one side in a comp, you can still have two player games.

I'm pretty sure that's what Mario said a while back.

Mario

Juniors
There has been a bit of confusion about this. I'll try to clear this up.

John and Jim are two brothers who collectively own a PS2 and 2 controllers and a brand spanking new copy of Rugby League. They enjoy multiplayer games and like a mix of competitive and cooperative play.

The general multiplayer options they have are

- head to head on opposite teams in a Friendly eg John chooses and controls the Roosters and Jim chooses and controls the Warriors in a one off match

- cooperative on the same team in a Friendly eg John and Jim both join the Roosters team and play against an AI controlled Warriors side in a one off match

- cooperative on the same team in a Competition eg John and Jim both select the Roosters team and play together taking the side through a whole season

- head to head on opposite teams in a Competition eg John selects the Roosters team and takes the side through a whole season, with Jim joining the opposition team at each match

- 'grudge' cooperative on the same team in a Competition eg John and Jim both select team X (because they hate them) to go through a season and play together AGAINST the side by joining the opposition team at each match in the season (making sure to wallop team X each time)

- 'handicap' competitive matches in Friendly mode eg John is much better than Jim, so they don't join either team for the first half and the AI plays itself, and at half time John joins the losing team while Jim joins the winning team to give him a head start

- two team series on opposite teams in a Friendly eg John selects to take through the series and consistently joins City while Jim consistently joins Country (also applicable to Trans Tasman Test Series and SOO)

However, John and Jim can not each select a seperate team to take through a whole NRL or Superleague season.

You can imagine how your options can escalate far beyond this when you have

- up to 8 players involved for PS2 and PC, and 4 on Xbox
- each player can join any team they want, and can switch if desired at half time
- before each match in a Competition series you can select what side to be on

jasonw

Juniors
Thanks for clearing that up Mario....

That is a very good compromise I feel.
Can't wait for the game...roll on December

sheep

Juniors
Mario said:
John and Jim are two brothers who collectively own a PS2 and 2 controllers and a brand spanking new copy of Rugby League.

Thats unfair! How did John and Jim get a copy of Rugby League before its release date. :D

miccle

Bench
Wow Mario - those options sound awesome! :) Bring on December. btw, I still can't imagine why people want to control 2 teams throughout the season. What happens when they both make the GF? :?

Mario

Juniors
miccle said:
Wow Mario - those options sound awesome! :) Bring on December. btw, I still can't imagine why people want to control 2 teams throughout the season. What happens when they both make the GF? :?

I think thats actually the point. People like the concept of battling independently through a season to meet up with their mates in the finals.

It wasn't really an option this time around, but is being considered for the sequel (should this version sell enough to warrant one).

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I reckon you should be able to use 2 player in a season. So when you play it with your friends you can play eachother throughout and maybe playoff in the grand final, It would be heaps fun.

grumps

Juniors
what about can you play a custom tournament or season with two human controlld teams ? cos then you could just make a comp of the normal teams and just select who you want to play with.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
i live 15km out of town so i wouldnt be able 2 play a season with my mates or wateva neway (unless my sister suddenley changed from hating rugbyleague 2 loving it after shes sees the game which since it looks so great wouldnt suprise me :D ) THIS GAME IS GONNA BE MAGICAL!!!!!

Mario

Juniors
grumps said:
what about can you play a custom tournament or season with two human controlld teams ? cos then you could just make a comp of the normal teams and just select who you want to play with.

No, the same limitations apply to custom competitions.

devonuto

Juniors
Mario said:
It wasn't really an option this time around, but is being considered for the sequel (should this version sell enough to warrant one).

How many exactly would warrant a sequal?