What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Kev gone?

Showtime

Juniors
I was stunned that he refuses to have anything to do with the Broncos because he's now a Titan (never played a game there, only on the payroll now). Yet he's so passionate about who should be coaching the club he refuses to have anything to do with. Poor Ol Gordy, not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the media reported pampered players react to Madges techniques. Good times ahead.
Gordy will go wherever there is money on offer….and a free sausage sizzle. The problem with putting someone like Gordy on a show like 360 is that he can’t remember what his opinion was the night prior so he’s a walking contradiction.

kurt faulk

Coach
Gordy will go wherever there is money on offer….and a free sausage sizzle. The problem with putting someone like Gordy on a show like 360 is that he can’t remember what his opinion was the night prior so he’s a walking contradiction.

He's good for a laugh though. His crying has been thoroughly entertaining. When he said kevvie was a better coach than McGuire, pure entertainment. The other panel members couldn't get enough of him flailing away.

I was stunned that he refuses to have anything to do with the Broncos because he's now a Titan (never played a game there, only on the payroll now). Yet he's so passionate about who should be coaching the club he refuses to have anything to do with. Poor Ol Gordy, not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the media reported pampered players react to Madges techniques. Good times ahead.
It’s like when Kent would launch into an impassioned defence of Sticky, it’s because they’re mates not because of any injustice.

I keep hearing that he’s hard done by because the players won’t listen. If the players aren’t listening to a coach that’s a damn good reason to sack him.

You have to respect the way Brisbane went about this. They fired someone who apart from this year really didn't under achieve and importantly, they had a plan for who they wanted as a replacement. They identified an issue with Kev and were ruthless when most other clubs wouldn't be.

It is an all in hire IMO for the reasons already mentioned. Madge will probably get fired in year 3 or at least not have his contract renewed. Everyone knows what type of a coach he is and day after day in club land that wears the players down. I think he will put them in a position to win in 2026 but whether they do win is another matter.

The way he coaches suggests they won't be in a good position to win the comp in the immediate years after he leaves.

As far as that clown Tallis what a petulant child he is.

Compare how the Broncos have handled this compared to how Parramatta fired BA and hired Ryles. The Eels took their time over both the firing, and the hiring, whilst the Broncos got it all done in a 48-72 hour period.

Munky

Coach
It's just wild that the 2021, 2022 and 2023 runners-up all sacked their coaches this year.

I wonder if the stark difference in how they handled the GF loss in following seasons compared to Penrith came up in the meetings at board level.