What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Mannah a starter?

Freak2

Juniors
Was hoping Mannah would develop into a starting prop this season but so far I have not been convinced that he has made the jump up?

Winning the battle up front early in games is very much under-rated when it comes to winning football matches and so far Tim and his partner in crime are not quite there.

I know with Poore basically out we are left with limited options up front but Tim I thought was going to have a bumper year after making origin in 2010 and now joining the starting pack.

So far though I feel that he needs to lift.

Would be interested to get your feedback on this matter?

Eels Dude

Coach
Mannah was outstanding in round 1 and round 3. Had an off game against Penrith but he's been terrific in the other 2 games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's definitely our best all-round front-rower.

Probably getting less metres/carry than last year but overall he's playing more minutes and making more runs anyway. Does he seem as effective as last year? No. But it's a lot easier to look good coming off the bench, and I prefer Fui playing that role because of his speed.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He was awesome in rd one, not so good round 2 but i thougt he was easily our best forward against the bunnies.

natheel

Coach
agree with Eels Dude. Timmy played very very well in round 1, ordinary round 2 as parra were ambushed and out enthused by panthers. against souths id say he and fui were the best 2 props out there out of both teams.

parra pete

Referee
He is our best prop & is only 22. It usually takes 5 years for props to do what he is doing

WHY? and if it takes a prop five years, shouldn't a five eight have that long also?
Or are they expected to come in off L plates and drive like a F1 driver??
Just asking....

spartan2153

Juniors
WHY? and if it takes a prop five years, shouldn't a five eight have that long also?
Just asking....

I usually dont reply to other teams supporters but since your a ex eel & were shattered by what the club done to ando i will make a pass on this occasion by saying to play half you need more than being able to tackle & play hard in your arsenal.

Mortimer does not have anything apart from those traits & the most basic trait of passing he looks uncomfortable doing it.

Eels Dude

Coach
Just asking....

Props take longer to develop as their bodies need to fill out properly in order for them play their role effectively. Hence why we don't see most front rowers debut in first grade these days until they're around 22, and don't hit their peak until around 25. Whereas 5'8ths and halfbacks their role is more skill based than size based.

parra pete

Referee
I usually dont reply to other teams supporters but since your a ex eel & were shattered by what the club done to ando i will make a pass on this occasion by saying to play half you need more than being able to tackle & play hard in your arsenal.

Mortimer does not have anything apart from those traits & the most basic trait of passing he looks uncomfortable doing it.

Thank you for that kind explanation..
I Wasn't shattered by what the Club did to Anderson. I just figured that after 50 years of following the Club, I couldn't believe the treachery. Right up with Lyon walking out in my opinion.
It was typical of what the Club has become in the past couple of years. Don't know how some of the blokes in the joint can get up in the morning and look themselves in the mirror and be happy with what they see.
AND yeah, yeah I know, that's business..that's professional sport. Doesn't mean you have to sit idly by and let it happen.
'We become what we let ourselves become'.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
I don't get how he can be labelled average for game 2 when he left injured after 25 mins?

Our best player so far this season

pedge

Juniors
Thank you for that kind explanation..
I Wasn't shattered by what the Club did to Anderson. I just figured that after 50 years of following the Club, I couldn't believe the treachery. Right up with Lyon walking out in my opinion.
It was typical of what the Club has become in the past couple of years. Don't know how some of the blokes in the joint can get up in the morning and look themselves in the mirror and be happy with what they see.
AND yeah, yeah I know, that's business..that's professional sport. Doesn't mean you have to sit idly by and let it happen.
'We become what we let ourselves become'.

:cry:

oldmancraigy

Coach
game 1

20 runs 154m (54 minutes)

game 2

9 runs 57m (25 minutes)

game 3

20 runs 172m (43 minutes)

Those are outstanding numbers! The Penrith game he copped some hits in the opening session, and didn't make the meters per run he might've otherwise. And he couldn't return for his second stint due to injury.
His minutes were down against Souths because of MoiMoi getting binned. Moi Moi gets put in the bin at the 46minute mark, meaning that the prop rotation is put out of whack for the next 10 minutes, and Mannah misses 10 minutes of game time.

Best prop to come through our juniors in MANY MANY years and after 3 rounds one of the form props of the comp.

If he's not a starter, nobody is.

mmhb

Juniors
Props take longer to develop as their bodies need to fill out properly in order for them play their role effectively. Hence why we don't see most front rowers debut in first grade these days until they're around 22, and don't hit their peak until around 25. Whereas 5'8ths and halfbacks their role is more skill based than size based.

Seconded

mmhb

Juniors
I'm a little surprised that he's not getting more minutes.

To me, the ideal prop rotation for Parra would be Mannah 55 mins and Fui, Shack and Allgood 35 mins each.

Guess Kearney's a big believer in the Storm prop rotation where you're lucky if you get 45 mins.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm a little surprised that he's not getting more minutes.

To me, the ideal prop rotation for Parra would be Mannah 55 mins and Fui, Shack and Allgood 35 mins each.

Guess Kearney's a big believer in the Storm prop rotation where you're lucky if you get 45 mins.

It's not just Kearney and the Storm; none of our props got more than 45 minutes last year.

Mannah only averaged about 37 minutes per game last year.

Latest posts