What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is php easy

SP

Bench
I mean as making forums like these

because im thinking of making my own forums, not another league one or anything like that, its going to be about songwriting and other musical stuff

i know about going to the php website and downloading the forums, but what else goes along with it,

if it its too complicated, i'll just go to the ezboad or whatever they are forums

Nut

Juniors
To install a forum like this is easy as hell... i could help if u like. PM me if u want a hand.

Jono Russell

Bench
installing a phpBB2 forum is easy very easy infact. how ever the hard part comes when you want to do things to that forum to make it unique and your owns. things such as adding hacks and reconfiguring the styles and adding banners ect.

SP

Bench
i have been thinking about making the msn format one, but i wanted to give myself a bit of a challenge

i may start of with a msn formated forum, then once i get members posting regulary i may go to the php forums

SP

Bench
thatnks willow, ill post a link in the links forum.

Also another thing, would i have to get my own domain name for this or not?

michealwitt101

Juniors
um i wanna say something sure you dudes can say installing a forum is easy but what happens with people that havent learned html or mysql databases what chance do they have my forum was made by a preset server so it was easy but if you wanna tackle it yourself with out and html expireince your screwed so bad if their is a easier way please inform me of it.

Nut

Juniors
It is easy even without experience. You get experience from doing it. The first ever thing I did with php was install a forum. If you don't attempt to do it you won't learn. The idea is to make mistakes and learn from them.
I've never had a php or mysql or html lesson in my life, learned it all from experience.

legend

Coach
If Witty has Nut helping him, then he'll have no problems whatsoever.

Witty, i'd reccoment you go for the php forums over msn because of the extra things you can do with hacks etc. I think it'll be a great success and I hope you remember us little people when you are rich and famous. :p

michealwitt101

Juniors
well i have tried so many times but i get to the upload part then it all goes wrong like say for instance i use lycos.uk they have some mysql their but im stuck i know a dude who is my neighbour but he uses asp so thats no help to me maybe soeone could go through how to do it. it would be much aprreciated.

Nut

Juniors
Walk me through what you have done. What error messages are you getting. Copy paste if you can.

michealwitt101

Juniors
put it this way nut one day soon ill ask you how to install a forum from stratch through like msn messenger we will speak to make it easier i tried to install one like 2 months ago so i forget were abouts im up to or maybe you if you would you could right out a full direction document and email 2 me if you done that for me it would be a hell alot easier than trying to read a book or read a website remember i havent learned html i have learned flash though spose that wont come in handy remember dumifi it for me thanks nut

michealwitt101

Juniors
manly here is a old site of mine here is newer site of mine here is my latest see how much i have tried to find a site that hosts and would have phpbb installed i tried for over 3 months here they are stevenpratt101.nospam2224.com thanks numba 1 i suggest u look at it number 2
www.rugbyleaguechat.dumbdonkey.com thats the one im sending you 2 number 3 is a bit to complicated for a simple minded person to join up when i say that i mean join the site to get a free board. here is the latest www.rugbyleaguecht.dk3.com which you have visted.