What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Fangs

Coach
Ricky telling it like it is:

When informed of Hasler’s comments about the officiating in his press conference Stuart launched a tirade at his opposite coach.

“F**k me he’s on another planet mate,” Stuart said.

“If he is critical of the six-agains and the penalty count he is on another planet.

“I just said, he coached well. Him and Whitey coached well.

“But the way they cheated when they were standing there with the hand on the ball holding over the ball.

“The way they cheated on the ground. If we want to go back to last year or the years we have had. No worries, we will start cheating and start wrestling as well.

mongoose

Coach
Titans probably deserved to win that but Fotuiaka basically got paid to have an 80 min sleep last night.

Penrith fan

Juniors
I wonder how much the intimidation of Sticky caused the referee to botch this decision.

The Ref Would rather get it wrong than have Sticky go through the Ref like a dose of salts in an epical abusive post match coaches' interview.

Big Pete

Referee
If the Gold Coast didn't waste their challenge on Haas, you'd imagine they could have challenged the Stewart decision.

If Chevy was off-side it wasn't by much.

I thought the home-side received the majority of calls, but how was play able to go on after Kelly failed to maintain his balance during the play the ball? It's a black and white rule and Wighton was pinged for it at a crucial time last year.

Big Pete

Referee
Sticky may as well have Refed the match himself, the way most of the interpretations were handed down.
The 'best' call was when Timoko just blatantly knocked on and Schiller was able to play on and set up a goal line drop out.

The bunker should have picked that up, fortunately Stewart spilled the drop-out so it worked out for the Gold Coast.

skeepe

Immortal
If the Gold Coast didn't waste their challenge on Haas, you'd imagine they could have challenged the Stewart decision.

I thought the home-side received the majority of calls, but how was play able to go on after Kelly failed to maintain his balance during the play the ball? It's a black and white rule and Wighton was pinged for it at a crucial time last year.
Absolutely. Kelly failed to maintain his feet, play stops right there. Raiders scrum and, given there was very little time on the clock at that point, likely hold on to win 20-14.

Des can whinge as much as he wants but the reality is the Titans got very lucky.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Annseley said they couldn't challenge anyway if they still had one up there sleeve.

You can't challenge 10m call or something.

It's up the ref on the ground to make the call

Big Pete

Referee
Absolutely. Kelly failed to maintain his feet, play stops right there. Raiders scrum and, given there was very little time on the clock at that point, likely hold on to win 20-14.

Des can whinge as much as he wants but the reality is the Titans got very lucky.
It would have been a professional foul against Smithies for a push in the back on Kelly.

no name

Coach
When you’re a shit team, you get shit calls.
It was a bad call, but the Titans should have been better in different parts of the game and they would have won.
At least they had a crack this week and the back end of last week.

Apey

Staff member

You said it in a later post but yeah someone definitely ran back through the ruck for that PTB. It probably would have resulted in a Raiders player getting sin-binned. Raiders probably would have preferred that - set their line and defend, no GP.

Penrith fan

Juniors
Evidently both sides were offside 38 times in the game in total and only 5 were called.

Why even have rules if only some of them are going to be enforced.

Also is Kasey Badger even competent or has she only been promoted because she is a woman and they want woman refs in the league?

skeepe

Immortal
Evidently both sides were offside 38 times in the game in total and only 5 were called.

Why even have rules if only some of them are going to be enforced.

Also is Kasey Badger even competent or has she only been promoted because she is a woman and they want woman refs in the league?
Don't breed.