What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
356.gif

Wizardman

First Grade
I had a little read of the Ricky Stuart thread in the Canberra Raiders official forum. There are about three posters in three pages who like the extension.

There has not been a lack of talent at the Raiders over the past ten years. It is a group that sorely needs a new voice and a new approach to things.

I was shocked to hear that news tonight.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I had a little read of the Ricky Stuart thread in the Canberra Raiders official forum. There are about three posters in three pages who like the extension.

There has not been a lack of talent at the Raiders over the past ten years. It is a group that sorely needs a new voice and a new approach to things.

I was shocked to hear that news tonight.

It would be more shocking if the Raiders didn't do this tbh

He will be here until he dies kicking a chair

Wizardman

First Grade
It would be more shocking if the Raiders didn't do this tbh

He will be here until he dies kicking a chair
A year or even two more years, I would not have been shocked. Four years considering many factors is a very huge risk.

It is a "jobs for the boys" type extension. This extension when you compare it to the other 16 teams in the comp who chase that successful edge is quite staggering.

nick87

Coach
Was it 2029 or 2039?
Might as well be for 2329 for all it matters
It’s his job for as long as he wants it, he’s 57 and could legitimately have another 10-15 years at the job
Which is pretty depressing all things considered

that said… top 2, and he ain’t 2!!

Woody90

Juniors
It is a "jobs for the boys" type extension. This extension when you compare it to the other 16 teams in the comp who chase that successful edge is quite staggering.

In all fairness, who else are they going to sign? Fans of clubs in capital cities literally just think a club like Canberra can snap their fingers and draw a top line coach down there. The blokes obviously not a great coach, but imo he’s done pretty well with the squads he’s had. They could end up consistently much further down the ladder.

Apey

Staff member
Might as well be for 2329 for all it matters
It’s his job for as long as he wants it, he’s 57 and could legitimately have another 10-15 years at the job
Which is pretty depressing all things considered

that said… top 2, and he ain’t 2!!
Why would we need a succession plan when he's only 57? - some Raiders bloke

soc123_au

Staff member
The only logic for this move would be Matt Elliott has made noises about making a return to head coaching. Raiders being Raiders were worried they would again succumb to his silver tongue in the negotiating room and signed Stick to remove the chance of that happening. If so well played Raiders, if not WTF!!

Latest posts