What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Robbie Farah the 2nd greatest hooker of all-time?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Just throwing it out there...

Being in the shadow of Cameron Smith, i believe people lose sight of Robbie Farah's own undoubted greatness.

He is unquestionably the Tigers best, and most important, player. And he's proven as much with a sensational start to the season. Even at Newcastle he was a class above his teammates.

Farah has every quality you'd want in a hooker. A great defender, heart, composure, stamina, a crisp and selective passing game, decision making, kicking game - long and short. He's also a brilliant dummy half runner... He basically performs every aspect of hooking at a minimum 8/10 level.

If i could have any player at the Roosters it'd be Cam Smith. But my second choice? Just as easy, Robbie Farah.

And i dont think it's silly in the slightest to call him the 2nd best hooker of all-time.

Tommy Smith

Referee
lol

Or Jake Friend, sadly.

An attrocious hooker is just as noticeable as a great one.

And they all have one thing in common - they always try a f**king blind side play when its totally unneccessary! So often. Spread it wide FFS!!

magpie4ever

First Grade
Maybe the 2nd best No:9 at the present moment.

They are not hookers anymore - best described as dummy half/No9s.

But 2nd best of all time - behave. Plenty of old hookers would be rolling in their graves (and plenty of live ones too)

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
He's a great player for Wests Tigers right now, and that's what we need - not labels.
No, he hasn't done all that Smith has - it's Cameron Smith FFS!
He's still an excellent #9 that would get the starting spot in any team 9 times out of ten.
I don't think many would pass up a player with his ticker and skills in their team!
Very pleased he's signed on for life.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Dunno OP. TBH He's probably neck and neck with Smith as the second best hooker of all time.

images

Tone83

Juniors
I think I have a blindspot for what number 9s do on the field because they rarely stand out to me, even smith. I also find the success of the tigers this year confusing as hell so yeah it must be farah.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I wouldn't call wins over Penrith and Parramatta "success".

Long way to go of course. They'd be total spastics without Farah, though.

Meth

Staff member
He hasn't been able to cement an Origin jersey until recently. I know that the NSW selectors are spastics, but he's not even the clear cut #2 hooker in the game at the moment, let alone anywhere close to the 2nd greatest of all time.

DC_fan

Coach
No,

In no particular order #9s who are better then him, Cameron Smith, Issac Luke, Steve Walters, Keryd Walters and maybe a few others I have forgotten about.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
He's the best for NSW right now though, little room for argument there. Isaac Luke needs a few more good years before that argument (better) holds water imho.

juanfarkall

Coach
Nope.

Not even sure that he is the Tigers 2nd best hooker either.

I hated the grub but BDB was better than the twitter guru.

nrlnrl

First Grade
He hasn't been able to cement an Origin jersey until recently. I know that the NSW selectors are spastics, but he's not even the clear cut #2 hooker in the game at the moment, let alone anywhere close to the 2nd greatest of all time.

+1

Latest posts