What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Robbie Farah the 2nd greatest hooker of all-time?

Looks like the NSW fans have conceded defeat already,& are looking for some small comfort in trying to convince themselves they have a great hooker playing for them .

Smith is classes above any other no 9 in the game today ,& to try to claim that RF is close to the best ever is absurd.

thorson1987

Coach
Looks like the NSW fans have conceded defeat already,& are looking for some small comfort in trying to convince themselves they have a great hooker playing for them .

Smith is classes above any other no 9 in the game today ,& to try to claim that RF is close to the best ever is absurd.

I think you will find the majority of them are tigers fans.

Farah is a great hooker, and Ennis should never have been picked ahead of him for SOO.

And for the whole Farah outplayed Smith in SOO.

Difference is is that Smith doesn't need to do as much as Farah did.

Farah had to pretty much run the whole f**king team when Pearce is halfback.

TheManBearPig

Juniors
Smith is good, but he is severely overrated by many. The fact is that when the time came for him to step up when Slater was out for around 5 weeks, Melbourne went on a 4 game losing streak. It is Slater, not Smith, who is the best player on that team. It's not the first time either. During a few of Slaters suspensions the Storm struggled with Smith at the helm.

You are deluded if you don't think Farah outplayed Smith in Origin last year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Pretty sure a roosters fan started this thread but anyway. Farah is by far the second best hooker in the comp, but smith is still ahead of him. In saying that smith has always had the luxury at club and rep level of being surrounded by superstars, making his job much easier. Farah had always had a small soft pack and apart from 3 years no 1 or 7 to help him out.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Genuine questions though:

If farah played for the storm and qld last year and smith for tigers and nsw. Does anyone honestly think the premiership and origin series would have turned out differently?

Meth

Staff member
Smith is good, but he is severely overrated by many. The fact is that when the time came for him to step up when Slater was out for around 5 weeks, Melbourne went on a 4 game losing streak. It is Slater, not Smith, who is the best player on that team. It's not the first time either. During a few of Slaters suspensions the Storm struggled with Smith at the helm.

You are deluded if you don't think Farah outplayed Smith in Origin last year.

The dramatic over rating of this thread is not of Smith. It's of Farah. If you want to say he's the second best hooker in the competition right now, that's fine by me (although it's arguable). But second best of all time? :crazy:

Pretty sure if Buderus didnt get injured, Farah wouldnt have even played origin last year..

When a 35 year old hooker who has one hand on retirement who has just come back from england is good enough to play you out of an origin Jersey then I am going to go with No, he is not the second best hooker of all time. Not even top 10.

In my life of watching footy, Cam smith is the best I have seen, followed by Danny Burderus. No one else comes close in the last 20 years..

Bulldog Force

Referee
jason_hetherington.jpg

Billythekid

First Grade
Pretty sure if Buderus didnt get injured, Farah wouldnt have even played origin last year..

When a 35 year old hooker who has one hand on retirement who has just come back from england is good enough to play you out of an origin Jersey then I am going to go with No, he is not the second best hooker of all time. Not even top 10.

In my life of watching footy, Cam smith is the best I have seen, followed by Danny Burderus. No one else comes close in the last 20 years..

That had nothing to do with their respective abilities and everything to do with NSW having dumb f*cks for selectors.

Clifferd

Coach

And we wouldn't have come close to defeating QLD.

You have no clue lol, Farah was miles ahead of Buderus last year, even before he got injured. The only way Buderus would have got picked was due to incumbency not on ability.

Farah has been pretty good for a few years now, you probably just haven't watched many Tigers game which is indicated by your ignorance.

And we wouldn't have come close to defeating QLD.

You have no clue lol, Farah was miles ahead of Buderus last year, even before he got injured. The only way Buderus would have got picked was due to incumbency not on ability.

Farah has been pretty good for a few years now, you probably just haven't watched many Tigers game which is indicated by your ignorance.

I didnt say Buderus was better than Farah last season, I merely pointed out a fact that if Farah was indeed the 2nd greatest hooker of all time, Buderus's name would never have been mentioned above Farah for origin last year.

Come back to me when Farah has played 21 games for NSW, 15 as captain (also the last to captain a series win), 24 games for Australia and Won a Dally M medal.

Then we can discuss if Farah was indeed a better player then Buderus.

Some of you must have the memory of a goldfish.. It was only 10 years ago when Bedsy was at his peak... Funny how quickly people forget.

mongoose

Coach
Hard to compare todays hookers with those of 20-25 years ago (Walters, Elias, Simmons). Smith plays almost like another half back the way he controls the game.

I think Smith is in the top 5 players of all-time though. Surprised so many people don't rate him.

Farah is probably in the top 5 hookers I've seen.

Stagger Lee

Bench
And i dont think it's silly in the slightest to call him the 2nd best hooker of all-time.

I do, in fact so silly it's embarrassing.

as already mentioned the number 9 role in the days of uncontested scrums should not even be called hooker anymore.

Is Robbie Farah the games 2nd best number 9 currently? yep - without doubt. Great bloke too I am led to believe but is he better than these players?

Steve Walters
Benny Elias
Max Krilich

And older Australian players which I was to young to remember

George Piggins
Noel Kelly
Ian Walsh

Not to mention some great pommy ones as well

edit spelinnngg :(

Last edited:

Bench
He hasn't been able to cement an Origin jersey until recently. I know that the NSW selectors are spastics, but he's not even the clear cut #2 hooker in the game at the moment, let alone anywhere close to the 2nd greatest of all time.
That is because that idiot Ricky Stuart preferred Ennis,said Farah wasn't tough enough for origin and Ennis was made for it,hell he even had Budurus in front of him,any wonder Farah didn't sign on at the eels under Ricky.
Then tell me mate who is number 2 after Smith,if it isn't Farah, then I am an astronaut.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
I feel like we're teetering on the edge to a classic Buderus v Farah borefest, someone will tip the scale soon, surely... surely.

beave

Coach
What a ridiculous thread.

Everyone knows John Morris is the 2nd best hooker of all time, just behind Andrew Johns..............

Latest posts