What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is that a typo on Jets website ?

2 True Blues

Coach
www.newtownjets.com.au Rd 9 Jets/newcastle Henson Park " 24th May ???? "

That can't be right , is it. ? How many split rounds are there ??

www.nswrl.com.au has us listed as playing newcastle as our " very " next game still. Surely there is not a 4 week break ?? ( The only game being played on 3/5/08 bein wests/newcastle ).

Anyone know whats happening there. ?

I am currently at a loss now as to when, who and where we are playing next and what round it shall actually be etc ??

Skinner

Coach
You guys have got the next two weekends off, due to split rounds, an away game against Balmain, then home against Central Newy on May 24.

2 True Blues

Coach
Thanks mate. Yeah I fugured it out in the end. 2 weeks off in the mid season could be an interesting thing. May assist with some niggling injuries though I suppose.

2 True Blues

Coach
But it also could bugger us up just as we were hitting our stride again....

Yeah, I agree mate. Atleast we are playing against the Tigers who have just come off a loss to the Maggies followed by a hammering by Norths.

Glad we are not coming from a 2 week break and playing Wenty/Parra so I suppose it could have been harder.

I just hope that the Roosters stay injury and suspension free in the meantime, and the 2 week break allows some injuries to heel for us, maybe some players back from injury, and some solid team training in the break for combo's etc.

The guys did find some form against the Berries last week, so hopefully that is not lost in the break hey ?

Maybe the 2 week break will allow me to save up some Henson petrol money anyway. ;-)

The guys did find some form against the Berries last week, so hopefully that is not lost in the break hey ?

Maybe the 2 week break will allow me to save up some Henson petrol money anyway. ;-)[/QUOTE]

They grafted a solid come from behind draw against Manly and were hot against the Dogs last weekend. Their defense on their own try line was particularly pleasing as was their, shall we say flamboyant at times, attack? :)
I'm a little worried the break might have a negative effect on their momentum. Time will tell.

After the game on saturday it was said that it would be good to have a 2 week break because most of the players have played 11 games in a row which includes the trials.So they can freshen up and get rid of the niggling injuries.:cool:

2 True Blues

Coach
They grafted a solid come from behind draw against Manly and were hot against the Dogs last weekend. Their defense on their own try line was particularly pleasing as was their, shall we say flamboyant at times, attack? :)
I'm a little worried the break might have a negative effect on their momentum. Time will tell.

I was wondering how many other teams also have a 2 week break ?

Are there heaps or just a few etc affected by 2 weeks off. If most of the others are also off for 2, it is fairier I suppose, but not sure who else ?

Wests play Newcastle this weekend for eg, and no other games, but what about the next week. How many teams will play if any ?

Jets defence is the strongest in the comp, though it appears that both Norths and Parra/Wenty have a stronger attack on paper at this comp stage, but only just. Having only recently taken attack away from us on paper as we did have the best up until last round or so. :cool:

2 True Blues

Coach
After the game on saturday it was said that it would be good to have a 2 week break because most of the players have played 11 games in a row which includes the trials.So they can freshen up and get rid of the niggling injuries.:cool:

Good training for combo's etc in the break is the go then.

The defence is totally top class.

With RUDDER only having played two games this may give the guys some time together at training etc and get back that best attack figure again. Fingers crossed;-)

( NRL standby's and it's hassles to training taken into account ).

2 True Blues

Coach
I borrowed this from the Roosters website interesting read. I suppose it is good that we are having a break with so many players playing in both the NZ and Aus side from the Roosters ranks. We's have no one left to wear a jets jersey once the above ranks were filled !!

Three Sydney Roosters payers have been named in a 19-man New Zealand squad for the May 9 Centenary Test against Australia at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Sydney Roosters utility Setaimata Sa is in line to play his first test match for the Kiwis as he joins incumbent Kiwis fullback Sam Perrett and returning centre Iosia Soliola .

The New Zealand squad for the Centenary Test is:
Roy Asotasi, Adam Blair, Nathan Cayless, David Fa’alogo, Dene Halatau, Lance Hohaia, David Kidwell, Thomas Leuluai, Issac Luke, Simon Mannering, Jason Nightingale, Sam Perrett, Frank Pritchard, Ben Roberts, Setaimata Sa, Jeremy Smith, Iosia Soliola, Brent Webb, Sonny Bill Williams.

*** Interesting to see David Fa Logo ( Ex Jet stolen by the Souths, one of the only few things thye did in our partnership with them, take players off us at dirt cheap rates ).****

Hope they are injury free after this.

2 True Blues

Coach
Ok, so now we actually will be coming up against a team that has had no break. Should be interesting then.

Bring on Newcastle in Rd 8 at Henson.

This 2 week break thing was an awful idea anyway. Unless ALL clubs have that break it's not fare.