What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is that our best finals team?

Dea

Juniors
Thought last nights team played very well. Our dummy halves were good (as much as I like Young I like him more when not playing hooker). Thought Reign played well and gave good service plus defense. Bench gives us grunt and Fein creativity. Young and Fein can cover our back line as can Scott. Cuthbertson is a ball playing forward (has he re-signed for next year?). Everyone seemed to do their job and played as a team. Little sorry for Stanley but can only fit 4 on the bench and I'ld rather take 3 forwards plus Fein.

Will this be the team to take us back to back?

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Personally I think it is.

I'd much rather have Cutherbson in the side then Jon Green. Although I won't complain too much if Green gets the nod. I'm still forever grateful to Green for the slips catch in the prelim finals last year against the tigers.

Minh

First Grade
Fien played well again last night the only other two players who may take place in the finals teams considering and hoping no injuries occur are Kyle Stanley and Jon Green I feel.

hardbaby

Coach
That is our best team given King's injury. Kind of feel sorry for Kyle Stanley. And to be honest I don't think he will be in our best 17 next year either. His brother is a better centre, Moltzen is a better fullback + you have Vidot to throw into the mix. He is one of those amazing guys who is really good in every position but he will make his mark in the halves in 2013.

Bring back choc

Juniors
I don't think prior should be there. Again he made very little impact and had some errors. Cuthbo offers so much more. But I think cuthbo will miss out in favor of green. Personally I feel that would be a mistake. We need at least some unpredictability in the forwards.

Also we looked far far better with fien at dummy half. Rein is just not creative enough. He's a worry for me. And that forward pass was inexcusable.

On Stanley, there's no way chase is a better centre than Kyle. I think chase is a back rower.

Minh

First Grade
I agree Kyle Stanley from all reports and the little FG appearances I've seen him play just oozes class and has a big future at our club, he will be an important player in our 17 next year given time to settle in properly.

Bazzi

First Grade
Same team as last night, but drop Prior (really needs to pick up his game) and bring Green back on to the bench.

Benny

First Grade
I think we had our best 17 last night, only way Green can come in is if oung starts at hooker for Rein.

As for Prior - Prior is a starter - not a bench player (much rather Prior starting).

Kyle Stanley is class and will start somewhere in 2012 (likely in the centres before moving into the halves later in is career).

Breathingfire

Juniors
I think Stanley is a 5/8. Agree that Moltzen will be better at Fullback and Chase is a more natural centre. I think its a shame that he can't get more game time but I just don't know where he fits at the moment. As for Rein, well I can't understand the raps at the moment. I think he is all heart but he certainly doesn't strike me as a player of the future. Gets punished in defence (but always willing) and has next to no creativity.

Efresh

Coach
Prior has bad hands but he gets through a ton of work in defense. My gripe with him is his inability to earn a quick play the ball. I'd rather Prior and Green with Cuthbertson missing out...Cuthbo makes a lot of offloads, but they aren't quality IMO.

Bazzi

First Grade
Prior has bad hands but he gets through a ton of work in defense. My gripe with him is his inability to earn a quick play the ball. I'd rather Prior and Green with Cuthbertson missing out...Cuthbo makes a lot of offloads, but they aren't quality IMO.

Cuthbo's offloads are quality when done at the right time, set up a try with one last night

gypsy

Bench
Kyle will play centre for us next year.
Chase will play backrow off the bench.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Personally I think it is.

I'd much rather have Cutherbson in the side then Jon Green. Although I won't complain too much if Green gets the nod. I'm still forever grateful to Green for the slips catch in the prelim finals last year against the tigers.
Agree re Cuthbo in the side rather than Green....whilst Green has tried hard for us he doesnt have the offload ability like Cuthbo ....which takes out the predictability from our other forwards like Weyman and Hunt

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
is that our best finals team?

no..

our best finals team would involve most of the current squad, plus kieran foran and tariq sims..

unfortunately that can't happen as they aren't contracted to the dragons..

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Kyle needs to be on the bench for cover. If the Dragons cop an injury to any of the backs and they replace them with Prior or Scott in the centres then the attack is gone. When Beau or Prior play centre Saints have nothing in attack.

Mr Red

First Grade
I don't think prior should be there. Again he made very little impact and had some errors. Cuthbo offers so much more. But I think cuthbo will miss out in favor of green. Personally I feel that would be a mistake. We need at least some unpredictability in the forwards.

Also we looked far far better with fien at dummy half. Rein is just not creative enough. He's a worry for me. And that forward pass was inexcusable.

On Stanley, there's no way chase is a better centre than Kyle. I think chase is a back rower.

Priors defense is a real concern - he just refuses to put his body on the line and persists with jumper grabbing..
his defense around the ruck when playing prop against the panthers was awful... that try the panthers scored near the post where McKendry popped an offload - Prior actually chose to let McKendry run past him and tried to ride him to the ground by jumping on his back - this allowed the offload..
Melbourne/tigers will kill us if we allow simple second phase play like that..

Cagey Mac

Bench
Kyle needs to be on the bench for cover. If the Dragons cop an injury to any of the backs and they replace them with Prior or Scott in the centres then the attack is gone. When Beau or Prior play centre Saints have nothing in attack.

We could ask to borrow Moltzen :D

Cagey Mac

Bench
Priors defense is a real concern - he just refuses to put his body on the line and persists with jumper grabbing..
his defense around the ruck when playing prop against the panthers was awful... that try the panthers scored near the post where McKendry popped an offload - Prior actually chose to let McKendry run past him and tried to ride him to the ground by jumping on his back - this allowed the offload..
Melbourne/tigers will kill us if we allow simple second phase play like that..

Not disagreeing at this point but who would your replace him with?

Bazzi

First Grade
Not disagreeing at this point but who would your replace him with?

Wouldn't mind seeing Marketo in the team, obviously lacks experience but from what i've seen he looks very promising. But definitely not a risk worth taking heading in to the finals, maybe for next season.

Latest posts