What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the record REALLY gone ?

Keen4Green

Juniors
Easts grand final record falls
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
1975_winners.jpg

A 33-year-old record held by Eastern Suburbs was eclipsed on Sunday evening when the Manly Sea Eagles beat the Melbourne Storm by 40 points.
Just like Easts did to St George, Manly held defending premiers Melbourne scoreless in the centenary decider.
The Easts team of 1975 is arguably one of the greatest in the club’s proud 101 year history.
They secured the club’s 11th Premiership with their 38-0 win over the Saints in the biggest win of the season.
Eastern Suburbs won the Minor Premiership after winning a record 19 consecutive matches during the season.
In a memorable year they also took out the club championship and the Amco Cup.
Easts lost their first match of the finals series to St George 8-5 before easily accounting for Manly in the preliminary final 28-13.
Two weeks later the Bondi boys turned it around to comprehensively defeat the Saints, led by their inspirational skipper Arthur Beetson.
Easts ran riot and the Sydney Cricket Ground with Australian representatives John Brass and Johnny Mayes grabbing doubles, Ian Mackay and Beetson also got over the white stripe.
Ian Schubert and Bruce Pickett grabbed one try each and stand-in kicker John Peard kicked seven goals.
Halfback Mayes was the premiership’s leading try scorer in a side that boasted six Kangaroos representatives.

Considering that in 1975 a try was only worth 3 points, should this record score really be considered to be gone ? P.S. What a football team this was !!

Get a REAL record you soft c**ks!

You know, one that will never be be beaten...

like in the history of RUGBY LEAGUE....

or,

PROFESSIONAL SPORT.

androtops.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Theres already a huge boring thread on this...i really don't care. Dragons are sh*t and always will be. Record or not

RWB

Bench

or,

PROFESSIONAL SPORT.

androtops.

How does 101 seasons straight in First Grade sit with you? I think it meets all the criteria that you set.

Then again there's that other record we set last year against the Saints on Anzac day, something like first to 1000 wins? That's the one, was a little embarrassing for you Saints fans, leaving before the siren and all.

OVP

Coach

or,

PROFESSIONAL SPORT.

androtops.

LOL what a cumstain :lol::lol:

19 matches in a row
Most points in a match by a player (Dave Brown)
Most tries in a match by a player (Dave again)
Most Internationals in history

Thats just off the top of my head. Your club is dead. Ours is still going strong.

19 matches in a row

Thats just off the top of my head. Your club is dead. Ours is still going strong.

Funny how Dave Brown couldn't make the team of the century.

19 matches in a row

you can add most international captains to the list ...

and i'm pretty sure dave brown has the most tries in a season aswell ...

it's the off season ... we're allowed

we could be the captain planet of this sh*t if we combine our pinky rings ... clean up the filth of rugby league

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Considering that in 1975 a try was only worth 3 points, should this record score really be considered to be gone ? P.S. What a football team this was !!

Both grand finals (1975 and 2008) had 8 tries scored, so its a moot point.

Latest posts