What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a 1st??

soc123_au

Staff member
They aren't going to put "Luke is pumped about season 2013, he is super excited about linking up with his mates Cameron, Clint and Danny at Windsor by round 3"

But yeah, who knows. No doubt he will get first shot.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
If you read the profile of Luke on the Panthers website:

Known for his strong kicking game, Luke will be looking for another consistent year in 2013. With a full off-season training with new halves partner Lachlan Coote, look for Walshy to return reinvigorated.

I think they will play him unless injured!
Sorry.
There is not a lot of options after Walsh unless of course they want to throw me a xxxxl number 7 jersey

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Didn't Humble play 1/2 at times for the Tigers? Hopefully Walsh tears a hamstring during the trials and is out for 4 weeks or so to give someone else run at 1/2.

I am hoping Coote continues to improve at 5/8, he has the skills to become a good 5/8 IMO, we can only hope anyway.

murraymob

Coach
the problem with half is we need a play maker not so much a line breaker not sure humble is a play maker.I am sure at some point he will get a crack at the spot

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Hopefully someone does murraymob, someone besides Walsh. Does anyone know what Roberts positional experience is? He does look like a good talent, if he knuckles down and behaves himself that is.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Hopefully someone does murraymob, someone besides Walsh. Does anyone know what Roberts positional experience is? He does look like a good talent, if he knuckles down and behaves himself that is.

He's an excellent outside back, no half experience though. I've heard that Barrett has been working on turning Moyland into a half back. That seems a more likely prospect.

franklin2323

Immortal
I watch alot of Windsor. Moylan played plenty of halves last year. In Juniors he was a half. When he was fullback he would run the plays like a 7.

Personally I don't think we have any halves good enough to be NRL standard yet anyway. I would prefer Moylan at 1 and running some plays.

As for Roberts has played halves in juniors. I would love to see him in the fullback jersey.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Yes I think Roberts will be a good buy and a good talent for us, he just has that something about him. Half will definately be the thorn in our sides again this year, but if we get some good go forward with the big pack we have now and with some decent hitting in defence, Walsh MAY (big MAY) go a bit better for us. Ah I am a dreamer and panther nut I suppose.

franklin2323

Immortal
We got the most dropouts last season. So we had the go forward then. That won't change especially with a better backrow.

The change hopefully is Coote and Segeyaro taking over inside the 20 and getting some more tries

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Yeah true, we do need those two to really create some opportunities for us, especially inside oppositions 20, we were terrible last year at that. Got there no probs as you say but could do little time after time once there. Hopefully improve leaps and bounds this year.

Latest posts