What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this the beginning of the end?

How will the Warriors finish off the season?

• Fight back after two consecutive losses to finish strong - coming in 3rd to 6th position.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Limp home with just a few more wins to sneak in at 7th or 8th.

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • Revert to Warriors of old and disappear completely at season's end - bomb out of finals at 9th/10th

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Cold Roses

Juniors
Agree with SpaceMonkey. Halves can kick you out of trouble if you're struggling, but we just plain got beat up too badly in the forwards in every respect on Friday night.

If we can get something like the below pack back on the field we'll be in with a shot at 4-6th spot. They won't dominate anyone, but they'll get close to parity with (most) other packs if they try.

8. Paasi
9. Luke
10. Gavet
11. Pulu
12. Harris
13. Blair

14. Lawton
15. Afoa
16. Sao
17. Mannering

Meth

Staff member
Agree with SpaceMonkey. Halves can kick you out of trouble if you're struggling, but we just plain got beat up too badly in the forwards in every respect on Friday night.

If we can get something like the below pack back on the field we'll be in with a shot at 4-6th spot. They won't dominate anyone, but they'll get close to parity with (most) other packs if they try.

8. Paasi
9. Luke
10. Gavet
11. Pulu
12. Harris
13. Blair

14. Lawton
15. Afoa
16. Sao
17. Mannering

why not-

8- Paasi
9- Luke
10- Blair
11- Pulu
12- Harris
13- Mannering

Res-
14-
15- Papali'i
16- Sao
17- Afoa

8. Paasi
9. Luke
10. Gavet
11. Pulu
12. Harris
13. Blair

14. Lawton
15. Afoa
16. Sao
17. Mannering

When they all due back?

Pulu round 20
Harris rnd 22
Bunty rnd 23

A few games/losses before they're all back.

Blair

Coach
I voted for the nightmare to begin again, but I'm in the minority and think the rest of you are right.

sup42

Juniors
Think we are going to limp home due to the injury thing.

The silver lining is that should we make it, our full strength side might be realized.

After that anything is possible. The full strength side is one of the better ones going around.

Next year I hope the inclusion of Ah Mau and the maturation of the like of Paasi and Afoa, will see us cross the barrier of being brittle, to having a genuine toughened Pack.

JJ

Immortal
Think we are going to limp home due to the injury thing.

The silver lining is that should we make it, our full strength side might be realized.

After that anything is possible. The full strength side is one of the better ones going around.

Next year I hope the inclusion of Ah Mau and the maturation of the like of Paasi and Afoa, will see us cross the barrier of being brittle, to having a genuine toughened Pack.

1. It's not the injuries - Harris aside
2. we'll make it, but our full strength side is no threat
3. About the 8th best
4. Need another one IMO, hope they can find someone, or maybe Afoa will develop further - Paasi needs more in his game than spectacular kick off returns

sup42

Juniors
1. It's not the injuries - Harris aside
2. we'll make it, but our full strength side is no threat
3. About the 8th best
4. Need another one IMO, hope they can find someone, or maybe Afoa will develop further - Paasi needs more in his game than spectacular kick off returns

Bit harsh I recon given the team has played in the top four for almost the entire season and been at number two for most of the comp (that more than opinion says the strongest line up is of some worth).

Agreed we need another prop.

Paasi has a lot more to his game than he is being told to play currently. They have obviously reigned him in.

He has played Center in the ISP and in preseason trial against Wigan....due to his passing, kicking, and general backline skills.

That NRL Nines tournament where he made a name for himself he played like a five eight, putting in deft kicks and a lot of other pretty exceptional stuff for a prop.

I guess we will see at seasons end where the lie of the land is.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
Bit harsh I recon given the team has played in the top four for almost the entire season and been at number two for most of the comp (that more than opinion says the strongest line up is of some worth).

I'm in a harsh mood - but at the moment we beat the Dragon (fortunately some might say), thrashed the Roosters, but have been pounded by every other good team we've played (unless the Week 1 Souths effort counts, but Souths developed a bit)

I've said elsewhere, 8th is a great result IMO, not sure the reality was ever we were in with a shot

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
We couldn't afford injuries this year - we got injuries this year.

Hoping we can finish 5th/6th so at the very least the faithful fans get a home playoff game.

Meth

Staff member
We probably would have taken 8th at the beginning of the year

Have the top 4 potential, but probably always had.

Don't have the propping rotation to win the comp

vvvrulz

Coach
It could be the beginning of a winning run into the play-offs...

... until this week

I reckon we'll get there though probably at 7th; I think from there the sense of occasion will get us through week one but old habits die hard and we'll bomb out badly after that.