What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Todd Carney really a Raiders junior?

legend

Coach
Strange question you may think but my son plays for Cabramatta and when I was in the Leagues club a while back there was a picture of one Todd Carney on the wall at age 15 I think it was.

Cabramatta fall under the Eels junior catchment area so does anyone have the heads up on his background and whether he is a Raiders junior after all?

thickos

First Grade
He's from Goulburn. Played for the Stockmen. Maybe they just like Carney's hair :lol:

Raider Azz

Bench
last time i checked goulburn was in our catchment area, and carneys junior club is goulburn, so yes, he is a canberra junior

He played in the SG Ball Premiership Winning side in 2003(?), so obviously we played a big part in developing him, plus as already said, he is from Goulburn.

Bay56

First Grade
Canberra junior as far as I'm concerned ... also my daughters favourite player ... soemthing to do with the way he throws those long passes :)

Mal Meninga

Bench
Stelios Giannakopoulos said:
He played in the SG Ball Premiership Winning side in 2003(?), so obviously we played a big part in developing him, plus as already said, he is from Goulburn.
Exactly, he's been in the system for a few years now and he's in the junior region. As close as it gets without being actually from Canberra.

JasonE

Bench
legend said:
Strange question you may think but my son plays for Cabramatta and when I was in the Leagues club a while back there was a picture of one Todd Carney on the wall at age 15 I think it was.

Cabramatta fall under the Eels junior catchment area so does anyone have the heads up on his background and whether he is a Raiders junior after all?

legend, the Todd Carney you are referring to went to Westfields Sports High and also played for All Saints in the Wests juniors.

Stuart

Juniors
JasonE said:
legend, the Todd Carney you are referring to went to Westfields Sports High and also played for All Saints in the Wests juniors.

So its a different Todd Carney?

Paullyboy

Coach
But Legend said he saw a photo, and Id imagine he'd be able to work out from the photo whether its the Raiders Todd Carney or not. Particularly as the photo was taken not too long ago.

legend

Coach
I'm sure it was him as there wouldn't be too many rep level juniors named Todd Carney.

Raider Azz

Bench
it wasn't him legend, as already mentioned. pretty funny how there's two todd carneys, both junior reps though.

Philby

Juniors
It may have been Todd beacuase the goulburn schools play under a distict which covers from Cambelton to Goulburn and he probably got picked to play in a rep side for that division. I cant think of the name of the division its like south western districts or something like that

Latest posts