What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is vatuvei the worst winger in the comp????

shadow grinder

First Grade
yeah he has been talked up by NZ as this big beast guy that was going to smash everyone. well he is big but has no skill at all. but no he isnt the worst...covell is.

Misanthrope

Staff member
who is this guy
just cost nz another try

Maybe this topic should be entitled is 'Big_Bad_Shark_Fan' the biggest waste of resources on the face of the earth.

Vote 'Yes' on the 'execute idiots' proposition

aussies1st

Staff member
The kiwis rate him. If he can get his defence and high ball catching right he will be a good winger. Maybe push him to centre so he doesn't have to defuse as many bombs.

The Tank

Bench
He is playing his first test series, maybe a little nervous. I've seen some very good things from him during Warriors matches.

Not as good as say Benji or Sonny Bill, but I reckon he will be a pretty good winger one day.

Was the try that you are refering to the one where he held the player back and got the penalty? If so, that was Shontane Hape who did that - the commentators just called him Vatuvai as they wouldn't recognise anyone who doesn't play on friday night football every week.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
What was he supposed to do tonight? the ball got nowhere near him on attack all night. Sure Gasnier turned him inside out once bug Gaz has doen that to practically everybody at some point this year. At least he came inside and worked as an extra forward and madse some metres, which is as much as a winger can do in those conditions.

PARANoIR

Bench
Atleast Vatuvei can get a start in the NZ top side, which is more than can be said for that hack Covell.

winnyason

Juniors
looking at there current team they would be in sh*t, no up front power & no class around the havles? missing farrell,radlinski,newton & long they look in trouble.
just looking at there england team(b team) they have no depth, france will do them easily,as for the kiwis hopefully they would move hape out to wing & get rid of vatuvai nothing against the guy, but need toopi match winner & hape, ali lautiti would have to be off bench, let's hope stacey plays one more game need his class kicking game.
being a aussie i may be burnt alive but f**k i hope they lose, the sport needs it.

Parrasque

Juniors
winnyason said:
looking at there current team they would be in sh*t, no up front power & no class around the havles? missing farrell,radlinski,newton & long they look in trouble.
just looking at there england team(b team) they have no depth, france will do them easily,as for the kiwis hopefully they would move hape out to wing & get rid of vatuvai nothing against the guy, but need toopi match winner & hape, ali lautiti would have to be off bench, let's hope stacey plays one more game need his class kicking game.
being a aussie i may be burnt alive but f**k i hope they lose, the sport needs it.

was this meant for this thread?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Geez I thought both wingers were nervous on occassions, didnt even attempt to pick up the ball straight away from a kick, they werent sure who was gonna pick the ball up or where the ball was going. Webster is not a bad winger, Vatevai is good in attack. But not as good as Vainikolo.

What makes you think Covell is gonna do anything different? :D

Sun_Down

Juniors
He needs more experience - there is no doubt in my mind he will be big for NZ one day, but I believe they should have gone with Vainikolo tonight.

lockyno1

Post Whore
no.5_luke covell said:
two extremly average games from this kid. wake up NZ selectors. open your eyes.

They have woken up:D Covell is not anywhere near the team!:lol:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
What are yall expecting. The ball has hardly come his way at all in the two games so far. All he has been given the opportunity to do is run the ball out of his own half from dummy half or one off the ruck, and he has done that very well. He's had one very poor drop from a bomb, admittedly, but I don't really recall him being badly caught out on defence. Gasnier's try had nothing to do with him, that was all about Hape doing his best Clinton Toopi impersonation with a pathetic missed tackle.