What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is vatuvei the worst winger in the comp????

Iafeta

Referee
Thierry Henry said:
What are yall expecting. The ball has hardly come his way at all in the two games so far. All he has been given the opportunity to do is run the ball out of his own half from dummy half or one off the ruck, and he has done that very well. He's had one very poor drop from a bomb, admittedly, but I don't really recall him being badly caught out on defence. Gasnier's try had nothing to do with him, that was all about Hape doing his best Clinton Toopi impersonation with a pathetic missed tackle.

Agree.

Hape had a poor night at the office IMO.

Vatuvei never got the ball in the clear, and he worked hard rucking it out from our red zone. A couple of soft errors, but better than Covell at any rate.

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Vatuvai is a waste! He's another Meli a second rower who cant tackle sitting on the wing. Covell maybe slow but at least he can tackle and score some points with the boot! What can Vatuvai do? Get out jumped in the air by the shortest man in the field!

Iafeta

Referee
doogiehowser_md said:
Vatuvai is a waste! He's another Meli a second rower who cant tackle sitting on the wing. Covell maybe slow but at least he can tackle and score some points with the boot! What can Vatuvai do? Get out jumped in the air by the shortest man in the field!

Vatuvei didn't miss any try leaking tackles.

The try from Mark Gasnier was a simple one on one miss by Shontayne Hape.

Vatuvei has scored a few tries from high kicks out jumping players quite easily. Give him ball going forward to run onto and he'll show you exactly why Covell is not preferred to this lad.

Iafeta

Referee
Take that Covell.

Vatuvei is all class for a young kid. He'll only get better.

Covell is nothing but a goal kicking wannabe.

1stNov2000

Juniors
Jake Webster was the real find for us this year imho. When I heard that he had made himself available for the Kiwis I was surprised and excited esp. after some good performances for the Storm this season.

RLdan

Juniors
aussies1st said:
The kiwis rate him. If he can get his defence and high ball catching right he will be a good winger. Maybe push him to centre so he doesn't have to defuse as many bombs.

quite a good idea, he clearly isnt good under the high bombs however he is great in attack and i think that he could fit in well at centre.

Iafeta

Referee
RLdan said:
quite a good idea, he clearly isnt good under the high bombs however he is great in attack and i think that he could fit in well at centre.

It was odd seeing Manu's first few errors under the high ball as he was very good under the hill pill this year at the Warriors. Took some astounding takes on attack especially.

Obviously with his size he's better when he's moving forward to get the momentum into the jump however.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
At only 19, he is still a kid,

That is the story for the Kiwi's that makes there win over the Roos so exceptional. Most of their star players are under 22, which means we could be in for a few years of international dominance.

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Yeah I'll agree on that Vatuvai had a blinder in the final so good on him for proving myself and others wrong! But in saying that I think that Jake Webster should have been best newcomer to International RL not Vatuvai.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
BBC journalists included Vatuvei in their team of the series... not bad for the "worst winger in the comp".

Skinner

Coach
Ahhhhhh BBSF and doggy doo doos, I take a huge amount of pleasure out of
watching folks make complete idiots of themselves.

Do you have any more little "classics" for us.....:lol: :lol:

Skinner