What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isaac Luke wants a release

Dave Q

Coach
he does all the time at embassy, then u get him drunk n its a whole different story

The NRL should make provisions in player contracts to force them to attend media conferences and state their allegiances.

Im sick of players hiding behind their managers.

Im sick of players earning 3 to 6 times the average mug salary and whinging about their pay.

They deserve a fair shake, but not blood money.

I heard he will be taking the big pounds and jetting off to ESL. NZ players dont have to worry if they play nrl or esl to be selected for the nz side.

Dave Q

Coach
Ode to Uncle Bully

I need some more cashola
Cos I dont earn enuff
And playing as a Hooker
For half a game is too much.

For speed they cannot match me
When I am on the hop
I make an instant 10 metres
And I can handle the flop.

They bought me from the bulldogs
Where I was just a rat
Struggling with the juniors
Unknown without a wrap

But now Im uncle Bully
The bestest in the team
And my manager says im worth much more
In the super league.

The bunny fans they love me
Im small and I am cute
But Im tough as nails and houses
And stronger than most utes

Id love to stay a rabbit
A place where Im revered
But I need my ferari
Designer shirts
And lots of expensive beers.

Get with the program Issac!

Last edited:

Bunnies 08

Juniors
Then ask him to come out and swear his love for us.

I agree 100% with this...It would take LUKE one minute of SSTV air time, to confirm his allegiance to the players, club and it's fans...I know that not every player needs to get onto t.v everytime there is a rumour of his departure but i believe this one in particular has developed enough momentum that it requires intervention...The best way to squash this rumour is to hear from the man himself....from there we can move on and shutdown any future rumours....Move on with stability for 09.....

Dave Q

Coach
I agree 100% with this...It would take LUKE one minute of SSTV air time, to confirm his allegiance to the players, club and it's fans...I know that not every player needs to get onto t.v everytime there is a rumour of his departure but i believe this one in particular has developed enough momentum that it requires intervention...The best way to squash this rumour is to hear from the man himself....from there we can move on and shutdown any future rumours....Move on with stability for 09.....

Thats it.

We expect the club to come out and say everything is rosy, but theres no better source than straight from the dummy-half's mouth.

We are going to have to put something like this into a contract namely:

Disclosure of Intentions when club directs

22.3.33 The player agrees to do all such things and acts as requested by the club to dispell and quash any rumours about any matter as the club directs within 24 hours of being requested to by the club.

22.3.34 If the player refuses to do sich things as requested by the club in 22.3.33 above, then the player shall pay the sum of $100, 000.00 to the club and $50,000.00 to a childrens charity of the clubs choice.

Player Not to be an idiot in Public

22.3.35 ......

FFS Issac, be a man.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
How does this effect the retaining of luke?

luke and paea are great mates, and one things i know luke was a bit chaffed about is that the club looks like leaving eddie in the cold... serves him right for knocking back our deal at the start of the year i gues

Dave Q

Coach
If Eddie could tackle, he could be anything.

But as it is, when I see a player running at him, I feel like jumping onto the field myself to cover him.

If Luke could have taught little Eddie to tackle like Luke can, there would be no problem.

Wherever he goes, I hope Eddie can master this important skill. He has my full respect and support.

But we just cant carry him until then.

And if Luke wants out in sympathy, so be it.

This is a football club first, an emotional support group second.

Last edited:

Rabbitoh_D

Juniors
Apparently this is all a load of bollocks, there was an article in SMH yesterday with Isaac saying he's happy at Souths and has no intention of renigging on his contract with Souths.

MattJ

Juniors
If it were true, his game for the kiwis on saturday was proof enough why the club should be bending over backwards to keep him.
Will be interesting to see if he has the same impact against better quality competition than PNG, we should see that this weekend against England. Im guessing he will, look forward too seeing him do another Haka as well, he really gets into that, looks like a lunatic.

Dave Q

Coach
If it were true, his game for the kiwis on saturday was proof enough why the club should be bending over backwards to keep him.
Will be interesting to see if he has the same impact against better quality competition than PNG, we should see that this weekend against England. Im guessing he will, look forward too seeing him do another Haka as well, he really gets into that, looks like a lunatic.

How he missed being awarded man of the match... I dont know.

A lot of the kiwis just go to another place during the Haka.

Its a beautiful thing that I admire and deeply respect.

And Im an Aussie.

Franko

Juniors
I have a Rooster friend that guarantees Luke and both Monaghan brothers will be in the tri colours for 2010. He gets some good info but had given bad stuff as well.

MattJ

Juniors
Hopefully thats some of the bad stuff your friend gets...
Besides, nothing can be for sure for 2010 yet, souths would get to give Luke the last offer, so they could match or better anything the roosters put forward if this were the case.
The whole Luke Lewis saga earlier in the year should have us all well aware of this fact.

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
I have a Rooster friend that guarantees Luke and both Monaghan brothers will be in the tri colours for 2010. He gets some good info but had given bad stuff as well.

Lol luke is not going anywhere. As for the monaghan brothers, joel would be ok, but his other brother would be over the hill by that time.

Your friend is going to be seriouly dissappointed. Monaghan has been talking about extending at the Raiders for another couple of years. He was at the Roosters and didn't like it. Isaac Luke was quoted in the Herald on the weekend as saying that he has no idea where the rumours are coming from. He said that he will see out his remaining two years for sure.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
i luke plays like he did on saturday for the rest of the cup, i'll be happy for us to add 3 or 4 years to his contract

Latest posts