What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israel folau

Springs09

Juniors
So is Wigan gonna do a Women in League/Anti-Domestic Violence round when they play Leeds?

I mean poor Keegan Hirst, the poor bloke who destroyed his family has to now play against a homophobe, but how much has he said about convicted domestic assaulter Robert Lui being on the books at Leeds?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don’t understand it personally. The gay section of society want to be accepted into society as a whole yet take great delight in separating themselves and pointing out that they ARE different to heterosexuals. You either want to be included and accepted or you don’t.

after Millenia of persecution it’s a public showing of togetherness and acceptance. It will be a big step forward for society when we no longer think of us and them but as the response to this signing has shown we are a long long way from that.
I get you don’t get it as you’ve never had to live your life in shame, hidden who you are, been beaten up, ridiculed or imprisoned just for the way you where born and who you fall in love with.

Springs09

Juniors
after Millenia of persecution it’s a public showing of togetherness and acceptance. It will be a big step forward for society when we no longer think of us and them but as the response to this signing has shown we are a long long way from that.
I get you don’t get it as you’ve never had to live your life in shame, hidden who you are, been beaten up, ridiculed or imprisoned just for the way you where born and who you fall in love with.

Oh do you know him? Who says he hasn't?

He was saying he doesn't think of it as us and them, most of society doesn't, it's largely the gay community who are always thinking of it as 'us and them'.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Oh do you know him? Who says he hasn't?

He was saying he doesn't think of it as us and them, most of society doesn't, it's largely the gay community who are always thinking of it as 'us and them'.

your a fool or very naive if you think within the last twenty years the world has suddenly become accepting of gay people. You don’t have to scratch the surface much to see the reality. We’ve made some good strides but you still get plenty if Folaus around. I’m pretty sure if he doesn’t understand why there is pride festivals that he hasn’t suffered for just being gay.

Rod McClusky

Juniors
So is Wigan gonna do a Women in League/Anti-Domestic Violence round when they play Leeds?

I mean poor Keegan Hirst, the poor bloke who destroyed his family has to now play against a homophobe, but how much has he said about convicted domestic assaulter Robert Lui being on the books at Leeds?
I don’t think the beta bois get logic

Rod McClusky

Juniors
But it ok for bigots like you to ridicule and demonise ten years old for their religious beliefs
You are the ultimate hypocrite

Springs09

Juniors
your a fool or very naive if you think within the last twenty years the world has suddenly become accepting of gay people. You don’t have to scratch the surface much to see the reality. We’ve made some good strides but you still get plenty if Folaus around. I’m pretty sure if he doesn’t understand why there is pride festivals that he hasn’t suffered for just being gay.

'your a fool' yes how very smart of you

I didn't say the world, I said society, by which I mean our society. And yes, our society is largely accepting of gay people.
Where are the biggest places in the world where gay people aren't accepted - Muslim countries, Africa etc. People who are also protected by the idiotic PC brigade.

I didn't say he suffered for being gay, I said you didn't know what battles he has fought in his life. A lot of people, not just gay people or minorities, have to face adversity.

Springs09

Juniors
For example, you've overcome being repeatedly dropped on your head as a baby without complaining at all, and I commend you for it

Ooooh aren't you a badass. f**kin' mensa candidate over here.

Go troll Issy mate I'm sure he's gonna get real upset over what you tell him on Insta you big hero.

Springs09

Juniors
I couldn't give a shit if everywhere blocked Folau for his homophobic posts. I want to know where the f**k have these huge double standards come from. Why is Matt Lodge still playing in the NRL? Why weren't the Super League bosses so angry when clubs signed Lui or Bird or Carney or Monaghan? Why aren't articles like this one: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/op...j3W4oL6OPcPVjyMAGDeO7r39-PItJhhNXoIpflz1NmO88

written when we let women-bashers or convicted criminals back into our game? Where's the NRL press release saying why Matt Lodge or Russell Packer is ok but Folau isn't? Since when did saying a bad thing about homosexuals on social media become so much worse than criminal assault, indecent assault, dealing drugs, domestic violence and raping dogs?

Tetevano, Fonua-Blake and Ferguson are all current representative stars who have been convicted of violence against women.

If this is the stance taken against Folau, which I'm fine with, then do it against everyone. Zero Tolerance for criminal behaviour especially violence against women. Get these f**kwits out of the game.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12304118

The game against the Dragons will see the club's players wear rainbow socks and laces with LGBTQ+ groups, both locally and nationally, invited to be part of the day.

Folau has promised to keep his views to himself, with the club confirming the dual-code star has a gag order written into his contract.

What happens if a player says he doesn't wont to wear the gay gear?

grouch

First Grade
I couldn't give a shit if everywhere blocked Folau for his homophobic posts. I want to know where the f**k have these huge double standards come from. Why is Matt Lodge still playing in the NRL? Why weren't the Super League bosses so angry when clubs signed Lui or Bird or Carney or Monaghan? Why aren't articles like this one: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/op...j3W4oL6OPcPVjyMAGDeO7r39-PItJhhNXoIpflz1NmO88

written when we let women-bashers or convicted criminals back into our game? Where's the NRL press release saying why Matt Lodge or Russell Packer is ok but Folau isn't? Since when did saying a bad thing about homosexuals on social media become so much worse than criminal assault, indecent assault, dealing drugs, domestic violence and raping dogs?

Tetevano, Fonua-Blake and Ferguson are all current representative stars who have been convicted of violence against women.

If this is the stance taken against Folau, which I'm fine with, then do it against everyone. Zero Tolerance for criminal behaviour especially violence against women. Get these f**kwits out of the game.
I think this is merely a very convenient bit of intellectual dishonesty to help you justify your stance in supporting Folau. If you're dumb enough to truly believe this (highly possible I guess) then let me attempt to explain it.

Firstly, yes, hate speech towards homosexuals from a high profile role model is extremely harmful.
Secondly, there is a difference between a single act, and a pattern of behaviour.
Thirdly, there is the element of contrition, and rehabilitation.

Rugby league is a progressive code that allows it's participants the opportunity to better themselves and learn from their mistakes. There are countless redemption stories that fit this mould. However, this is not a blank cheque, and regardless of your talent there is a breaking point. Ben Barba and Todd Carney are great examples of this.

Folau had been warned about his homophobic hate speech in the past and failed to change his behavour, if anything he has doubled down since.

Perth Red

Post Whore
But it ok for bigots like you to ridicule and demonise ten years old for their religious beliefs
You are the ultimate hypocrite

no I’ve got no problem with anyone believing any imaginary thing they like. What I do have a problem with is them same people then dictating to others how they should live their lives. Live and let live.

Perth Red

Post Whore
'your a fool' yes how very smart of you

I didn't say the world, I said society, by which I mean our society. And yes, our society is largely accepting of gay people.
Where are the biggest places in the world where gay people aren't accepted - Muslim countries, Africa etc. People who are also protected by the idiotic PC brigade.

I didn't say he suffered for being gay, I said you didn't know what battles he has fought in his life. A lot of people, not just gay people or minorities, have to face adversity.

in Australia gay teens are five times more likely to attempt suicide and twice as likely to self harm. Your kidding yourself if you think there is mainstream acceptance. We’ve come a long way but still got a very long way to go and people like Folau dont help and this is the reason there is such public backlash at him.

Perth Red

Post Whore

nice rant, I don’t think you’d get any arguments from the majority. Playing in the nrl/sl and earning millions of $’s should be a privilege not a right and if you don’t live up to the expected standards then see you.

Rod McClusky

Juniors
in Australia gay teens are five times more likely to attempt suicide and twice as likely to self harm. Your kidding yourself if you think there is mainstream acceptance. We’ve come a long way but still got a very long way to go and people like Folau dont help and this is the reason there is such public backlash at him.
So you would rather have teenage Christians commit suicide, Typical lefty bigot who ridiculed and demonise the people because of their beliefs

Snoochies

First Grade
What exactly did Izzly say gays should be excluded from? Did he say they shouldn't play league?

Perth Red

Post Whore
So you would rather have teenage Christians commit suicide, Typical lefty bigot who ridiculed and demonise the people because of their beliefs

id rather have teenage Christians not persecute others with their beliefs. No one is saying people can’t be Christians, and if you can show me any stat on teenage Christian suicide rates due to persecution from atheists please go ahead.