What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israel folau

wibble

Bench
It’s the sponsored who are happy to take the money and run but get on their high horse when they think they are taking the moral high ground against an individual's views which are very similar to their sponsors that are the hypocrites.

I think people here have said that it is the sponsor dollar most in mind when clubs and leagues object to Folou joining the Dragons. I don't think anyone has objected to that idea.

If you'd like to encourage cash strapped organisations to take on nations about cultural values that are different from ours, because they don't agree with individuals in our culture with those values, then be my guest.

I suspect the organisations will continue to do what is in the interests of their bottom line, the individuals will continue to believe what they believe and feel persecuted, and the nations will keep their cultural values that are different from ours, but it would be great if organisations put moral questions up there with money, individuals reflected on their morals and actions and why others might object to them, and nations accepted that cultural differences might be worth exploring and using to reflect on their own values. I wish you every bit of luck.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So the homophobic dollar is acceptable in Australia then?

mate our biggest trade partner is China, moral integrity isnt high when It comes to the mighty $. He is on the nose because he may cost clubs sponsors and clubs want money. your analogy is like saying everyone who drives a car supports homophobia as they are buying oil products from the Middle East. It’s a bit of a stupid argument really.

billygilmore

Juniors
Like every other dumbass sport person who’s f**ked up all he’s gotta do is kill it in his sport for a year and the sponsors and clubs will come crawling back for a piece of dat ass

ULYSSES

Juniors
Like every other dumbass sport person who’s f**ked up all he’s gotta do is kill it in his sport for a year and the sponsors and clubs will come crawling back for a piece of dat ass

Spot on. Look at the cricket awards last night. Warner player of the year and Smith one of the runner ups. What a difference a successful year makes.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well if the tv deal s for more than a year I guess we can assume it’s nothing to do with Folau?

Wizardman

First Grade
He better not score a try
Hahaha, guess what he did six minutes in?

I think Folau is going to tear Super League apart. He still has the leap and still very good on his feet....he looks pretty light and mobile too.
Folau will go better than SBW for two main reasons...age and support cast. Folau's team is a hell of a lot better than Toronto. Unless you're Andrew Johns, spending the bulk of your cap on one player is going to cause your team a lot of pain. Even prime SBW would not lift that Toronto outfit in the way that it is constructed. It is going to be a very long season for him...but at least he has 10 million good reasons for staying the course at Toronto.

rainbowflag-678x381.jpg

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/pos...-wave-rainbow-flag-during-israel-folau-debut/

A Castleford fan in Perpignan claims she told not to wave a rainbow flag during Israel Folau’s debut game for Catalans.

Folau, 30, made a try-scoring debut for the Dragons as they eased past Daryl Powell’s side 36-18 in a game that drew much attention due to the former Rugby Australia stars return to action.

Alison Grey, a Castleford fan, posted on social media during the game that she was asked to take down a rainbow flag she had displayed in support of LGBTQ rights.

She tweeted: “Just been told I am not allowed this flag because the club does not allow it. How disgusting.”

She later said in an interview with Sky Sports: “We were asked if we could take the flag down, first because it was against health and safety. When we said that there were other flags around the ground they gave up.

“They then came back to us later on and said it was against the views of the club to have the flags.”

Catalans issued a statement saying this was not club policy and they would look into the matter.

It read: “Rainbow flags are not banned at our club. It is not forbidden. We are gathering more information about what happened.”

Barely hours after Folau’s signing was confirmed by Catalans, Wigan announced that their home game in March would be a dedicated “pride day”.

Wakefield also had plans to show their support for the LGBTQ+ community in their postponed game with the Dragons last weekend.

A statement from Super League, obtained by Sky Sports, read: “Everyone should have the right to respectfully express their views. We are investigating. We will receive a full report by the end of this weekend and have more details by Monday.”

Looks like the All Inclusive Militant LGBTQ Army out in full force...