What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issac Luke Found Guilty

_Johnsy

Referee
The general rugby league community are doing this @ the judiciary

foreskin-press-lol-laugh-out-loud-hysterical-laughter-people-crowd.jpg

Usain Bolt

Bench
Kiwi + Judiciary = Suspension

everyone knows if you're a Kiwi you are more likely to get suspended

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
The general rugby league community are doing this @ the judiciary

foreskin-press-lol-laugh-out-loud-hysterical-laughter-people-crowd.jpg
I don't find myself laughing at them ...

My reaction is more like this:

2lk68a1.jpg

But I do agree with the decision to ban Luke, it was late, he left the ground, he made no attempt to tackle, he hit him with his forearm, 1 week sufficient.

The inconsistency is ridiculous, though.

stormbati

Bench
This is a bit silly considering Luke didn't connect with the forearm or elbow and it was hardly late.
But I guess Slater wasn't hurt by the headbutt and Thurston said "that hurt abit" in the press conference later on.

Mr Saab

Referee
As a Broncos fan i am happy he is not playing. Not guaranteed a win, but it helps. And yes, if the Broncos win it will be somewhat of a misleading game, but f**k it, 2 points is 2 points and the broncos need them!

jarro

Juniors
Luke made at least one other cheap shot on Thurston during the course of the game, for which he was cautioned.

He got what he deserved as far as i'm concerned.

And yes, i'm a Broncos supporter :D

oldmancraigy

Coach
If anyone thinks Hayne's headbut was in any way dangerous or hurt Billy Slater, please come out and say so?

I agree that it was an illegal action, outside the rules of the game - but so was Slaters roundhouse elbow at the back of Hayne's head moments later.

It seems that the current judiciary system is set up so that if a villainous act does not connect, or does not harm, then it is a 'not guilty' charge. They do NOT judge intent.

The problem is bigger than an isolated incident or 2 - it's about the way the judiciary make their judgements. And if you judge intent, then other incidents (Slaters elbow attempt) will need to be scrutinized.

rabbitohs

Juniors
without luke, soufs have got nothing.

What wonderful insight. Without a fantastic player a team is far weaker. Never would have thought of that myself.

Poor decision by the judiciary. Simply because if he was an Origin player he would have likely got off.

BranVan3000

Coach
How do appeals work in the judiciary? If possible Souths should really appeal this

There's too much hypocrisy at work. Thurston gets off because he wasn't pulled up on field, yet the same fact is overlooked for Luke?

The fact that the Judiciary is ruling that putting pressure on a kicker (a PART of the game) is worse than swearing at refs and straight-up fighting, headbutting and punching is a joke

green eyed mike

Juniors
If anyone thinks Hayne's headbut was in any way dangerous or hurt Billy Slater, please come out and say so?

I agree that it was an illegal action, outside the rules of the game - but so was Slaters roundhouse elbow at the back of Hayne's head moments later.

It seems that the current judiciary system is set up so that if a villainous act does not connect, or does not harm, then it is a 'not guilty' charge. They do NOT judge intent.

The problem is bigger than an isolated incident or 2 - it's about the way the judiciary make their judgements. And if you judge intent, then other incidents (Slaters elbow attempt) will need to be scrutinized.

Unless it happens to be a Raider like Vidot who copped 3 weeks for attempting to knee someone who was punching him in the head while being held by another player. Gotta love the consistency and impartiality of the judiciary!

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spo...vidot-banned-for-two-weeks-20090903-f99l.html

The Dodger

First Grade
What wonderful insight. Without a fantastic player a team is far weaker. Never would have thought of that myself.

Poor decision by the judiciary. Simply because if he was an Origin player he would have likely got off.

i totally agree with you in regards to the incosistancies the judiciary shows.

but for me, this has confirmed who i will be tipping this weekend.