What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issac Luke the Fullback

It just occured to me that Issac was originally a fullback/half and I think he may of played a game or two for Norths at the back before switching to half/hooker before he got called up to First grade mid 2007.

I mean alot of people say he is positioned like a lock forward on the fringes in the back end of a game but you could also say he is positioned like a fullback, Glass half empty or Glass half full?.

I remember one try last year where Issac was a wide attacking receiver and ran off a Sandow ball and held up a ball and sliced through two defenders drawing them in before throwing the pass to Merritt to scored in the corner and there are probably other tries that Luke has set up where he has played a fullback ala Billy Slater type play and set up his wingers or centres.

I think he is quick and agile enough to play there and can break tackles, The traffic he is used to at hooker would make him a solid defender at fullback due to far less tackles and not often do 110kg props run at him one-on-one unless it's goal line defense. Obviously positional play would be a question but you wouldn't know how he'd read the game until you saw him play at fullback but I see a bit of a Billy Slater type fullback in him, Defending at fullback playing as a wide five-eighth or lock (whichever you prefer).

Last edited:

Liddell

Juniors
FMD...

You see a Billy Slater like fullback in him do you? You see one of the best fullback's of all time in a guy that has popped into the backline once or twice to set up a try.

And you wonder why no one takes you serious.

FMD...

You see a Billy Slater like fullback in him do you? You see one of the best fullback's of all time in a guy that has popped into the backline once or twice to set up a try.

And you wonder why no one takes you serious.

Where the f**k do you play him IDIOT?.

I am telling you his best position is FULLBACK!. He even played there when he was younger.

He is NOT a Half because 1) He can't kick and 2) He can't pass...Despite any running game he may posess.

He is NOT a Hooker because of the same reasons and he struggles defensively and isn't a good ruck defender either, Nathan Peats is the best hooker at the club as far as I am concerned, 1) He can defend 2) He can pass satisfactorily out of dummy half 3) He has a decent kicking game

So where do we play him genius?. f**k you are dead-set knob.

I see Issac as a link man similar to Billy or any other fullback, He does not have to have a great passing game or a great kicking game and Issac running onto a ball as a wide receiver could be VERY dangerous because of his strength and speed.

Galeforce

Bench
you play him off the bench , last 10-20 minutes of each half when he is fresh and opposing forwards are a little tired.

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
you play him off the bench , last 10-20 minutes of each half when he is fresh and opposing forwards are a little tired.

Dont you think he would be wasting too much cap sitting on the bench for that long? I thought it was a debacle to have Craig Wing wing on the bench, but JT was a coaching genius.

Luke needs a bit of tweeking to his game play and he should be ok at hooker. How hard is it to pass the ball a tad quicker and fix up his tackling technique.

slammingsam

Juniors
Laughed and ridiculed at The Warren and now comes on here to be laughed and ridiculed LOL Issac Luke at fullback LOL

Liddell

Juniors
Where the f**k do you play him IDIOT?.

I am telling you his best position is FULLBACK!. He even played there when he was younger.

He is NOT a Half because 1) He can't kick and 2) He can't pass...Despite any running game he may posess.

He is NOT a Hooker because of the same reasons and he struggles defensively and isn't a good ruck defender either, Nathan Peats is the best hooker at the club as far as I am concerned, 1) He can defend 2) He can pass satisfactorily out of dummy half 3) He has a decent kicking game

So where do we play him genius?. f**k you are dead-set knob.

I see Issac as a link man similar to Billy or any other fullback, He does not have to have a great passing game or a great kicking game and Issac running onto a ball as a wide receiver could be VERY dangerous because of his strength and speed.

He isn't a hooker? Last year he was leading the Dally M's before he done his shoulder. He has played and killed it at the highest level in that position. He would easily be in the top 5-6 hookers in the game, yet you want to play him at fullback because you "think" he might have played a game there 4 years ago in NSW cup.

Im not even going to start on the comparison to Slater.

The worst part is you seem to be fair dinkum.

Honestly, this is right up there with "Wesser to hooker".

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
He isn't a hooker? Last year he was leading the Dally M's before he done his shoulder. He has played and killed it at the highest level in that position. He would easily be in the top 5-6 hookers in the game, yet you want to play him at fullback because you "think" he might have played a game there 4 years ago in NSW cup.

Im not even going to start on the comparison to Slater.

The worst part is you seem to be fair dinkum.

Honestly, this is right up there with "Wesser to hooker".

it's his life goal to get laughed off every rabbitohs supporter site on the internet... i wish him well

Engine

Juniors
It just occured to me that Issac was originally a fullback/half and I think he may of played a game or two for Norths at the back before switching to half/hooker before he got called up to First grade mid 2007.

I mean alot of people say he is positioned like a lock forward on the fringes in the back end of a game but you could also say he is positioned like a fullback, Glass half empty or Glass half full?.

I remember one try last year where Issac was a wide attacking receiver and ran off a Sandow ball and held up a ball and sliced through two defenders drawing them in before throwing the pass to Merritt to scored in the corner and there are probably other tries that Luke has set up where he has played a fullback ala Billy Slater type play and set up his wingers or centres.

I think he is quick and agile enough to play there and can break tackles, The traffic he is used to at hooker would make him a solid defender at fullback due to far less tackles and not often do 110kg props run at him one-on-one unless it's goal line defense. Obviously positional play would be a question but you wouldn't know how he'd read the game until you saw him play at fullback but I see a bit of a Billy Slater type fullback in him, Defending at fullback playing as a wide five-eighth or lock (whichever you prefer).

Thanks for the entertainment, you funny imbecile :)

hindyrabbit

Juniors
souths team for next year
1. luke
2. ross
3. croker
4. luke burgess
5. asotasi
6. SUTTON
7.Taylor
8. roberts
9. george burgess
10. merritt
11. king
12. farrell
13. mansour
14. Inglis
15. sam burgess
16. reynolds
17. macqueen

they all played in those positions in under 6's

Liddell

Juniors
What about Scott Geddes to half? In 2002 I saw him throw a pass.

He also once accidentally picked up Sandows jersey in the sheds. He reminds me of a Thurston type player.

onthetryline

Juniors
Geez, he's a bit lazy to play fullback yeah? Struggles to walk to the next ruck at times.

Was about to say the same thing?

I do like that set-play they run where Wesser is in hooker and Luke is outside Sandow - mainly because he is so strong and happy to throw the pass, unlike Mr Wesser.

I guess thats where you are coming from?

Noa

First Grade
He should probably focus on trying to become a solid 9 before he worries about becoming the next Changa.

And even that might be beyond him.