What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issac Luke

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
This is template example of the need to be seen doing something.

On one hand, a hypothetical move if McInnes to lock and Luke to hooker isn’t the worst ever idea. Far more palatable than using Jake Marketo off the bench for a lot of people, that’s for sure.

However, if McIdiot’s plan is to suddenly utilise an extra dummy half, it flies contrary to everything we’ve witnessed since 2014. Not to mention at the sacrifice of a promising talent in Robson.

That’s Dragons Logic 101 for you.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Bruce, thanks for the mirror.. Would it be stretching the friendship to ask you to send Jimmy a dictionary?

A lexicon wouldn’t be such a bad idea for yourself. Becoming familiar with “big words” would...over time...make you feel less intimidated by them.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Five years ago this would have been a great signing but now it’s a desperate one probably brought about by our salary cap situation. I have been a fan of his but with his knack of doing dumb things & getting suspended as well as his recent injury concerns worry me.
If as some say there could be doubts about Cams leg then at least he’s a worthy backup.
The suggestion that L plate will use him as our number 14 is do not L plates style.

ghostface

Juniors
It is Millward who handles recruiting! Another Maranta type recruitment.

Millward is so out of his depth. He adds no value to our recruitment or pathways.

It seems his ability to manage the cap is to turn $1 into $2.50. We continually pay overs. I cannot remember the last time we uncovered a genuine prospect and paid market value for a decent player.

If we can't move McGregor, then at least start by hiring someone who can properly and effectively identify and retain playing talent

Gareth67

First Grade
I can only view this signing that we are to continue ( down ?) / along the same road as in years past . What has changed with the apparent inclusion of our new assistant and consultants ?

The so called brains trust of the Dragon are exhibiting the same symptoms as always - buy what is the cheapest option. These type of players simply won’t be enough to pull the Dragons out of the bog that our feet are firmly wedged into .

Disappointed to say the least , more so if we are to lose our talented youth to pay for these 33 years olds .

Frank Facer

First Grade
Isaac Luke? Master of the low blow, kidney punch and subtle knee to the head? Honestly what's the point? He will bring as much to us as he brought to the warriors - nothing. Less than nothing because juniors will just see another roadblock to what little chance they had of progression, and leave for somewhere else.

Typical McGregor era signing where previous first grade experience is considered of greater value than talent ability and potential.
I remember reading that Luke said he tried to break Rangi Chase's leg when Chase played for England. I am pretty sure they are related too.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I remember reading that Luke said he tried to break Rangi Chase's leg when Chase played for England. I am pretty sure they are related too.
You sure you’re not thinking of the time Jeremy Smith stuck his finger up Fai-Fai Loa’s date & used the excuse it was because they were related?

Because, y’know.. That’s what you do to relatives, right?

getsmarty

Immortal
LUKE NEARS NEW DEAL

Warriors hooker Issac Luke is set to be thrown a lifeline by St George Illawarra.

The Sunday Telegraph claims the Dragons will propose Luke a one-year deal.

With Reece Robson heading to the North Queensland Cowboys, the Dragons need a No. 9 to support Cameron McInnes who continues to recover from a broken leg.

McInnes suffered a syndesmosis injury along with a broken fibula fracture towards the back end of the Dragons’ disastrous 2019 season.

271-game NRL veteran Luke, 32, has previously been linked with Manly and Wests Tigers.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/trans...t/news-story/095ec9c9e67b87ad8d7c87ec5680919b

Frank Facer

First Grade
You sure you’re not thinking of the time Jeremy Smith stuck his finger up Fai-Fai Loa’s date & used the excuse it was because they were related?

Because, y’know.. That’s what you do to relatives, right?
I am sure I wasn't thinking of that. I wasn't even aware of it until you mentioned it.

Latest posts