What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issac

rabbitohs95

Bench
What a load. Killing the man's (and his family's) dream of a grand final appearance. Now we have to play a rookie with less than 10 games to his name and replace him with a forward who's barely played hooker.

If Ennis plays i will riot.

souths_pride

Juniors
Big blow for us because hes the type of player that can really hurt the dogs. Given the dogs like a slow game with plenty of wrestling in the rucks, Isaac's darting runs from dummy half could have really forced those big Canterbury forwards to run and tire quickly while also laying a platform for our own big men to dominate.

doyen

Bench
To be honest;I'm not surprised that Issac put himself in this situation.

He never seems to learn.On another now defunct forum I had been highly critical of Issac's tendency to self-destruct & let the team down.
He's always going to produce this stuff & I was always was very concerned that it would happen at the most inopportune time--a g/final!!
And so it's come to pass.
It is also why I thought Peats should have been retained & encouraged ahead of Issac.
But,it's too late now--thank goodness we have a good replacement in Koriosau.

Hasler[& the Bulldogs]were never going to be happy if Issac got off & they made that mighty clear!!!

Last edited:
Luke to Miss Grand Final After Being Found Guilty of Dangerous Throw

Tue 30th September, 07:10PM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1412068473171.jpg

Rabbitohs hooker, Issac Luke, will miss this Sunday’s Grand Final after being found guilty of a grade one dangerous throw by the match review committee tonight (Tuesday).
Luke was charged for a tackle in the 38th minute of Friday night’s Preliminary Final victory over the Roosters and accrued 200 points for the charge, meaning he will miss two matches.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Surely they we will appeal this. We have nothing to lose. I'm not sure what the rules are in regards to this (new evidence etc).
When you compare that to the Josh Reynolds tackle on Tate in origin, the Reynolds one look way worse and Reynolds got a downgrade and missed no games.
Issac with his carry over would need to get off completely to play.

souths_pride

Juniors
To be honest;I'm not surprised that Issac put himself in this situation.

He never seems to learn.On another now defunct forum I had been highly critical of Issac's tendency to self-destruct & let the team down.
He's always going to produce this stuff & I was always was very concerned that it would happen at the most inopportune time--a g/final!!
And so it's come to pass.
It is also why I thought Peats should have been retained & encouraged ahead of Issac.
But,it's too late now--thank goodness we have a good replacement in Koriosau.

Hasler[& the Bulldogs]were never going to be happy if Issac got off & they made that mighty clear!!!
Alot of people would agree with you about Isaac Luke. The thing with Isaac Luke is that he is an aggressive an highly physical player. Now, I wouldn't say he self-destructs but he definitely walks a fine line with the way he plays. In saying that, its easier said than done to say he shouldn't do those things but when your an aggressive player, sometimes your going to find yourself on the wrong side of the law; its been that way with those types of players since rugby league started and it will continue to be that way. Mark Geyer, Mario Fenech, Adrian Morley, Mick Crocker are just a few players I've listed off the top of my head who are known for their aggression and who all found themselves in front of the judiciary at some point. Like I've suggested, aggression is not a switch which you can flick on and off; its either one or the other. In saying that, the biggest thing for those types of players is controlling the aggression. Its easier said than done to say to a player "I want you to be aggressive but I don't want there to be any incidents". For the majority of the season, I'd say Issac Luke has been fine, its just an unfortunate time for this incident to occur and while many would say he should have known better I would say that he would hardly be as effective if he changed his style.

As for letting Peats go, I too think that was a big big big mistake. The guy is a world class hooker but he plays completely different to the way Isaac plays. Where as Luke is about making lots of meters from dummy half and putting the opposition on the back foot by making quick meters up the middle, Nathan Peats is like Cameron Smith in that he's the type of player who controls the speed and direction of a game. If it were up to me, I would always have two hookers in my 17 who each offer something different. I remember at one stage we had them both on the field at the same time, which I thought was an interested idea. Nevertheless, what is done is done. Koroisau is a very capable replacement and young Cameron McInnes has the makings of a fine hookers.

souths_pride

Juniors
Surely they we will appeal this. We have nothing to lose. I'm not sure what the rules are in regards to this (new evidence etc).
When you compare that to the Josh Reynolds tackle on Tate in origin, the Reynolds one look way worse and Reynolds got a downgrade and missed no games.
Issac with his carry over would need to get off completely to play.
Are you even allowed to appeal? I thought once the judiciary hands down its verdict, its final?

Rabbits20

Immortal
What a load. Killing the man's (and his family's) dream of a grand final appearance. Now we have to play a rookie with less than 10 games to his name and replace him with a forward who's barely played hooker.

If Ennis plays i will riot.

Yeah it's garbage. Doesn't deserve this. I reckon a Bulldogs, Manly or Roosters player would get off. In fact I'm certain they would.

I reckon this Ennis I won't play garbage could be a load of BS. Strong chance he could play.

I say if he plays Teo should target his ankle. They are gonna definitely target some of our guys to take out of the game. GI and Sam will no doubt be targets to take out on their list.

As for Shayne Hayne being our best ref, seriously what's happening? How can he be the senior ref for the GF?

I think its gonna be a tough slow grinding game I think, they won't control the ruck speed.

doyen

Bench
Alot of people would agree with you about Isaac Luke. The thing with Isaac Luke is that he is an aggressive an highly physical player. Now, I wouldn't say he self-destructs but he definitely walks a fine line with the way he plays. In saying that, its easier said than done to say he shouldn't do those things but when your an aggressive player, sometimes your going to find yourself on the wrong side of the law; its been that way with those types of players since rugby league started and it will continue to be that way. Mark Geyer, Mario Fenech, Adrian Morley, Mick Crocker are just a few players I've listed off the top of my head who are known for their aggression and who all found themselves in front of the judiciary at some point. Like I've suggested, aggression is not a switch which you can flick on and off; its either one or the other. In saying that, the biggest thing for those types of players is controlling the aggression. Its easier said than done to say to a player "I want you to be aggressive but I don't want there to be any incidents". For the majority of the season, I'd say Issac Luke has been fine, its just an unfortunate time for this incident to occur and while many would say he should have known better I would say that he would hardly be as effective if he changed his style.

As for letting Peats go, I too think that was a big big big mistake. The guy is a world class hooker but he plays completely different to the way Isaac plays. Where as Luke is about making lots of meters from dummy half and putting the opposition on the back foot by making quick meters up the middle, Nathan Peats is like Cameron Smith in that he's the type of player who controls the speed and direction of a game. If it were up to me, I would always have two hookers in my 17 who each offer something different. I remember at one stage we had them both on the field at the same time, which I thought was an interested idea. Nevertheless, what is done is done. Koroisau is a very capable replacement and young Cameron McInnes has the makings of a fine hookers.

My point is that you can always count on Issac to stuff up sooner or later.

I hold my breath & cross my toes & fingers every game with Issac.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw his tackle the other day----in a prelim;for goodness sake.I know the heat of the moment applies but surely we can expect some degree of sense & self-control.

He is far,far from a cleanskin so he couldn't really expect mercy.

I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the box which doesn't help!!It wouldn't surprise me to see him do the same thing in next season's prelim;if we make it.

If someone had asked me to nominate a few players to let their sides down before that game I would have laid money on Luke,Teo or Hargreaves.

BTW,I hope Ennis does play as there's no way he's going to be fit enough to hack it in a g/f.Also;he's another that has the strong potential to stuff things for his side!!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Doyen I think Dylan Napa for Roosters could have let them down. His discipline is very poor and can be reckless at times.

I agree on Issac he doesn't think clearly at crucial times and does let us down.

The other night in the Roosters game I was thinking before that tackle just don't do something stupid, like you were too.

I think against the Dogs they will be dirty. So seeing as Te'o is leaving league he can be niggly and fire up against the Dogs. Doesn't matter if he's put on report.

Latest posts