What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issac

The Chello

Juniors
a tragedy for Luke and Souths. again i don't agree a player should miss a GF for a Gd1 tackle. The judiciary is inconsistent all year and everyone is crying out for consistency. The Watmough and Lyon tackle on Inglis was of a similar nature and they copped a week so I really didn't think that Luke would get off, more hope.

If Api is not up to it, then Madge would not put him in. He hasn't played for a while but he knows how we play and performed admirably when he was in for Luke (so did McInness by the way). He is no Luke though and we will be affected in that area. We have enough players and self motivation to overcome his loss. Don't be surprised if Keary nips into to dummy half now and then.
I don't think Luke has brain snaps either, he simply is very intense in what he does and sometimes goes overboard. He will be with us on the day and his presence will be felt by all of the players on the day.

doyen

Bench
a tragedy for Luke and Souths. again i don't agree a player should miss a GF for a Gd1 tackle. The judiciary is inconsistent all year and everyone is crying out for consistency. The Watmough and Lyon tackle on Inglis was of a similar nature and they copped a week so I really didn't think that Luke would get off, more hope.

If Api is not up to it, then Madge would not put him in. He hasn't played for a while but he knows how we play and performed admirably when he was in for Luke (so did McInness by the way). He is no Luke though and we will be affected in that area. We have enough players and self motivation to overcome his loss. Don't be surprised if Keary nips into to dummy half now and then.
I don't think Luke has brain snaps either, he simply is very intense in what he does and sometimes goes overboard. He will be with us on the day and his presence will be felt by all of the players on the day.

Depends on the definition of a brain-snap I suppose.

*When Issac admitted he had deliberately tried to break his cousin's leg in a match[brain-snap???]
*The early cannonball incidents??!!

A brain-snap is something dumb you do then wish later you'd thought about it for half a second first.

Issac is a very intense player but I believe there are around 5 or 6 times in his career that he has been pulled up for spear-like tackles.He needs to eliminate this from his game as it affects the team pretty substantially!

themacemaceman

Juniors
It seems the NRL has come to its senses on what Issac is allowed to do on the day.
Prior to this my thoughts were maybe he should retire.. Run the water for the boys on Sunday.... Then announce his comeback on Monday!

souths_pride

Juniors
Depends on the definition of a brain-snap I suppose.

*When Issac admitted he had deliberately tried to break his cousin's leg in a match[brain-snap???]
*The early cannonball incidents??!!

A brain-snap is something dumb you do then wish later you'd thought about it for half a second first.

Issac is a very intense player but I believe there are around 5 or 6 times in his career that he has been pulled up for spear-like tackles.He needs to eliminate this from his game as it affects the team pretty substantially!

When did he admit to deliberately trying to break his cousins leg? That one is news to me. I'm not saying your wrong; I just must have it. As for the cannonball incidents, I don't recall him doing it but I do recall Jeff Lima doing it a few times when he was with us.

Isaac Luke possesses the same type of aggression that someone like Steve Matai does. I think he has far worse 'brain-snaps' than Issac does and he seems to have them more frequently as well. However, no one has suggested he needs to change his style because that aggression is what proves a real handful for opposition teams. I guess what I'm saying is I'd gladly see Isaac miss a few games a season through suspension given all the games he help us win with that in-your-face style of play.

doyen

Bench
When did he admit to deliberately trying to break his cousins leg? That one is news to me. I'm not saying your wrong; I just must have it. As for the cannonball incidents, I don't recall him doing it but I do recall Jeff Lima doing it a few times when he was with us.

Isaac Luke possesses the same type of aggression that someone like Steve Matai does. I think he has far worse 'brain-snaps' than Issac does and he seems to have them more frequently as well. However, no one has suggested he needs to change his style because that aggression is what proves a real handful for opposition teams. I guess what I'm saying is I'd gladly see Isaac miss a few games a season through suspension given all the games he help us win with that in-your-face style of play.

SMH--20th Nov,2011.

"SS star came under fire not only for his cannonball tackling technique but for wrenching his cousin's[Rangi CHASE] leg;admitting he tried to break it!!"

It was in the 4 Nations tournament. Suspended 2 games.

"I just saw red,"said Luke.He basically admitted he had serious problems to overcome.

Sadly;he can do these things at any time & so the game he will["not gladly"]miss is the g/f.

Maguire had to sit Issac down in his first year at Sths to advise him to curb his aggressive style which in general he's done.

But Issac's "brainsnaps"[for want of another word] continue to arise to the detriment of the team.At the most inopportune time,unfortunately, in this case.Issac,Hargreaves,Teo,Napa etc need to rely more on their skill rather than intimidationThere are limitations to aggression ,as these days the referees, cameras & the judiciary are watching like hawks.Issac is a tough little player;one of the toughest I've seen pound for pound.He has nothing to prove in this regard.
He just has to be more sensible,more measured in his approach; & use his "brains???????"

Use his brains ala Smith,Farah etc.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think in the pre season Madge will work with Issac on having a look at his tackling technique.

Madge will no doubt challenge Issac that he needs to work on it. Issac does let us down occasionally. But I think all the good things he does outweighs the minor slip up.

We wouldn't be where we are without him.

In my opinion Issac is an 80 minute player and if we kept Peats and Issac only played 50mins his performances would slip and he would lose confidence. The only way Peats could have stayed with Souths was in the back row but Peats wanted to be a hooker.

Peats couldn't offer the attack that Issac offers which benefits our team.

souths_pride

Juniors
I think in the pre season Madge will work with Issac on having a look at his tackling technique.

Madge will no doubt challenge Issac that he needs to work on it. Issac does let us down occasionally. But I think all the good things he does outweighs the minor slip up.

In my opinion Issac is an 80 minute player and if we kept Peats and Issac only played 50mins his performances would slip and he would lose confidence. The only way Peats could have stayed with Souths was in the back row but Peats wanted to be a hooker.

I disagree with Isaac's confidence slipping. Just because you give a player a rest in the game doesn't mean that he is playing poorly. Nathan Peats is a completely different style of hooker to Luke in that he is the Cameron Smith style hooker who can control the game, dictate the pace, organise things etc. Keeping him would have been smart because it would give teams something to think about having to content with two different hookers in a game. I do agree that he could have played in the back row. In fact I like it when we had both on the field at the same time. As for Peats not offering the same attack that Isaac offers, that may be true but Peats is not about attack; he is about setting up his team to attack. Also, up until he got injured this season, Peats was just about the form hooker in the competition.

doyen

Bench

Losing arguably your most valuable player for a g/f is a MAJOR stuff-up--extremely disruptive.

It almost outweighs all the good things he's done in one fell swoop.One stupid,dumb tackle!!!

He's been chastised before on a number of occasions for undisciplined play;especially his tackling technique.

The Dogs now don't have to worry about closing Issac down--he managed to do that all by himself.

Luckily we have a more than adequate replacement in Api who has some extra strings to his bow--for one a better passing game.We have just as good a chance to triumph with Api.

Last edited:

hurricane57

Juniors
Thanks guys.I'll turn it up FFS!!

Got on a roll[probably downhill]& couldn't stop!!

No worries.

I'm trying to just enjoy the hope of winning another premiership and ignore all the hype and disregard the chance of losing.

It's been so bloody long.

Fingers, arms, legs - even eyes crossed.:):)

Latest posts