What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s game day ffs!

eel01s

Bench
Notice the difference in tackling styles between the two sides. Storm always put the player on their back, we do it rarely.

I did notice an improvement in the way we used the sideline in defence. Our wingers were able to prevent major overlaps which is a good sign.

Soto

Bench
Just got home from the game. Well that was f'd.
Moses please...u want $1.25m a season. Dude u shit the bed way too often.
Was dylbro even playing?
Honestly the worst use of the bench continues. NFI...
If ever there was going to be fatigue and lack of match fitness this game and the early rounds are it...
Dumb and dumber

Delboy

First Grade
Just back from the game, not sure how it looked on tv, but felt like the game was who played better in the 6;7 and 9. When it counted, the Storm trio stepped up and that was the game.

a missed relatively easy conversion, a lack of communication between the halves and frustration from being held down in the play the ball contributed to our downfall. The new players did OK, Waqa really needs to make plays , at the moment he’s just out there.

yy_cheng

Coach
Notice the difference in tackling styles between the two sides. Storm always put the player on their back, we do it rarely.

I did notice an improvement in the way we used the sideline in defence. Our wingers were able to prevent major overlaps which is a good sign.
The first half we were good. We were trying to drag them back like panfers.
2nd half no. Either we were knackered or the subs we sub par. Murchie and jirah were disappointments.

I thought emu was a handful

the phantom menace

First Grade
These are all different propositions to the post I responded to mate, you aint putting middles on to cover outside backs when you have edge forwards available.
It's an extension of the post you replied to... about the bench rotation considerations - point is whatever he was planning versus whatever he chose not to do left key guys tired that shouldn't have been - a 16-man system in a 17-man game that (again) is not fit for purpose.

Chipmunk

Coach
When your two props make over 190m, your lock over 170m and even Cartwright at 143m it means that the forwards have laid the foundations for the backs to win the game especially our halves. They failed miserably.

Munster with a bone sticking out his hand made them looking like monkeys trying to f**k a football.
The amount of minutes for two of those contributed to that. Poor decisions whist fatigued cost us in the end....i predict it'll continue to cost us for some time.

Eelogical

Referee
When your two props make over 190m, your lock over 170m and even Cartwright at 143m it means that the forwards have laid the foundations for the backs to win the game especially our halves. They failed miserably.

Munster with a bone sticking out his hand made them looking like monkeys trying to f**k a football.
That’s the difference. The Storm led by Munster found a way to win under adversity . Their ability to take it to another level while we fluffed our way hoping to score off low percentage plays showed up our discipline along with our big name players not stepping up for the occasion.

Chipmunk

Coach
First time out of the Top 8 at any stage since the end of 2018.

I'll be interested to see how quickly we get back into it. Given the fatigue levels we're going to have in our key forwards over the next month or so, I'm not sure we'll be back there anytime soon.