What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It is time for 4 prop forwards.....

Swampdonkey

Juniors
As it is apparent that we are struggling in the props, i think the answer is to have more of them, that way Sheens can get them on the park for shorter periods of time with a greater intencity and workrate.

Drop Paterson, he shouldn't even be playing in the front row, he is ineffective, we already have workaholic forwards in O'Neill, Sattler and Graham, he need our props to be hitting the line hard and pulling off a few big tackles, not making 20 ineffective hit ups per game and 30 soft tackles.

Bring up 2 of these PL props, if we go into a game with 4 props it will be taking alot of pressure of these young guys, they can just focus on giving 100% in 20 minute spells....

Once we have the grunt up front over the full 80 minutes, we will see results in the backline.

Our bench should see us with an impact player like Farah to take advantage of the tiring opposition as well as to add some fresh legs to our defence.
We should have one utility style backrower in the likes of Halatau or Harrison who can cover the backrow or the back line and we should have 2 props......

What do you guys think?

brook

First Grade
I've never understood the logic of going into a game with any less than four good props in the team and I think the fact that the props available to us are nearly all on the small side is an even stronger reason to make sure we have fresh players on the bench

having said that though...Balmain can spare ONE of either Lima or Small - not both so you'll have to make do with three until at least one out of payton, laffrachi and cashmere return from injury ;-)