What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italians want Federici

Deacon

First Grade
Sun articles are usually BS, though if was true I'd definitely take the offer

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm surprised we haven't capped him yet, yet Galekovic has played for Australia. Not to deride Galekovic, but he's not exactly plying his trade in a world class league.

fish eel

Immortal
I'm surprised we haven't capped him yet, yet Galekovic has played for Australia. Not to deride Galekovic, but he's not exactly plying his trade in a world class league.

yeah, I guess though when Galekovic was capped, it's been in those matches where we've used local players.

I'd say both of them (Galekovic and Federici) will go to the world cup, and federici would get capped in one of the warm up games.

Misanthrope

Staff member
yeah, I guess though when Galekovic was capped, it's been in those matches where we've used local players.

Yeah, I'm aware that's been the case. When he was eligible, I'd imagine Petkovic's form in Turkey was good enough that he got the nod ahead of him.

fish eel

Immortal
also, I'm sure federic has been picked before in friendlies and sat on the bench as an unused sub because verbeek never subbed schwarzer

Devilous

Juniors
I thought the FFA had got their sh*t together over the past 5 years to ensure stuff like this happen any more?

I'm sure Federici is 99% going to be turning out for Australia, but the fact they have left the door open is ridiculous!

Sparky 74

Juniors
Well to be fair to the Azzurri, The Socceroos have not capped him in Senior Football & the Italians are looking for a long term replacement for Buffon who I do believe will not be around in 2014