What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Official, Eric and Joel signs..

Stagger eel

Staff member
GROTHE SIGNS UNTIL 2010
5 April 2007
The Parramatta National Rugby League Club is delighted to announce that winger Eric Grothe has today extended his playing contract until the end of the 2010 season.

“I’m really glad this has been sorted out and I can’t wait to get back on the field this week,” Grothe said.

“It has been an unsettling month or so and knowing my future is secure is great. Dad was obviously very keen for me to stay at Parramatta and I have so much respect for what he did in the blue and gold jersey,” Grothe added.

Parramatta Eels Chief Executive Denis Fitzgerald says it is great news.

“This is terrific news for the Club and we are delighted to be able to continue the long association with the Grothe family. I am personally pleased Eric has rejected Rugby Union to stay in Rugby League and particularly at Parramatta,” Mr Fitzgerald said.

Head Coach Michael Hagan says it is fantastic news.

“Eric has stamped himself as one of the best wingers in the competition. He grabbed his opportunity at Origin level last year and made the most of it. It is great news that he’ll be around for another three years,” Hagan said.

The Club is also pleased to announce that player Joel Reddy has today re-signed for a further two years.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/news1498.asp

Gronk

Staff member
Great news that Eric has re-signed.

Joel will be a good back up for the club. Can play FB, W or C. Reward him with the "big C" next to his name in PL I reckon.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm too lazy to find out but can anyone tell us how many matches Eric has to go before he hits 100 firstgrade games ????

Good news in regards to Grothe while Joel is a good backup player. I was in hope that Parra would have wrapped up Feleti by now.

Does anyone know if he is even negotiating with the club??

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Good news in regards to Grothe while Joel is a good backup player. I was in hope that Parra would have wrapped up Feleti by now.

Does anyone know if he is even negotiating with the club??

The indication i got is that we definitely want him and I'm pretty sure when negotiating with him, but we'd be up for some pretty stiff competition.

Gronk

Staff member
eelavation said:
The indication i got is that we definitely want him and I'm pretty sure when negotiating with him, but we'd be up for some pretty stiff competition.

FFS, I can see a Willie Tonga type bidding war again. What was it for Willie, 12 clubs had tabled offers ? Lets hope that the Roosters don't offer overs. Oh well see what happens.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Gronk said:
FFS, I can see a Willie Tonga type bidding war again. What was it for Willie, 12 clubs had tabled offers ? Lets hope that the Roosters don't offer overs. Oh well see what happens.

Well Mateo's unlikely to follow BS to Newcastle, so that's one club we don't have to worry about... just 14 others :sarcasm:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gronk said:

if they do they do...life will go on, Mateo is extremely talented but still has some flaws in his game, if a club is prepapred to gamble big time by offering big money for him they'll do it at the own risk..

I know if I was coaching against Feleti I'd tell my forwards and halves to aim for him in attack..

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
eelavation said:
if they do they do...life will go on, Mateo is extremely talented but still has some flaws in his game, if a club is prepapred to gamble big time by offering big money for him they'll do it at the own risk..

I know if I was coaching against Feleti I'd tell my forwards and halves to aim for him in attack..

You can coach someone on how to tackle, you can't coach the kind of natural talent he has.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraDude_Jay said:
You can coach someone on how to tackle, you can't coach the kind of natural talent he has.

yeah sure...as i said he's talented but would you pay overs for him right now??? if the sharks or anyone else nab him it will be because they've payed overs for him, i've got no doubt about it, but in saying that I'm relatively confident that he'll stay.

Stagger eel

Staff member
join the bandwagon said:
ok...now sign Hodges, Monohagn and Clinton and J Cayless

heck why not??? and lets also sign, sonny Bill, Benji Marshall, Brent tate, Willie Mason, Andrew Johns and Roy Asotasi all on a package deal..

Gronk

Staff member
I hope that he appreciates what we did for him re: London Broncs etc. Not saying he owes us but you know....;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gronk said:
I hope that he appreciates what we did for him re: London Broncs etc. Not saying he owes us but you know....;-)

yeah look, he's a Parramatta junior still living in the area and supported the club as a kid, it will take something pretty special for him to go else where, not saying it won't happen but if someone wants him bad enough they'll accomodate to get him.