What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Official, Eric and Joel signs..

Stagger eel

Staff member
join the bandwagon said:
any idea on what his new salary is and how much of an increase it was?

that information is never disclosed to the public but the media do have field day speculating.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
yeah sure...as i said he's talented but would you pay overs for him right now??? if the sharks or anyone else nab him it will be because they've payed overs for him, i've got no doubt about it, but in saying that I'm relatively confident that he'll stay.

What is overs? How do we know what he is worth?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
What is overs? How do we know what he is worth?

he's worth whatever club is willing to pay...if there's a club out there willing to pay more than what we would than that to me would mean that they need him more than us.

at this stage with what he's achieved thus far anything over 150K is too much...but you may want to ask me in a month or 2 when he's played more games in firstgrade.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
eelavation said:
yeah sure...as i said he's talented but would you pay overs for him right now??? if the sharks or anyone else nab him it will be because they've payed overs for him, i've got no doubt about it, but in saying that I'm relatively confident that he'll stay.

I can't see a club having any more than $200k for him since he's unproven, and IMO he is worth anything under that because we desperately need a backrower who can create. But my figures may be way out and I couldn't even pretend like I know how highly our club or others rate him but I think it's about time the club punted on a young player.

MrT

Juniors
eelavation said:
he's worth whatever club is willing to pay...if there's a club out there willing to pay more than what we would than that to me would mean that they need him more than us.

at this stage with what he's achieved thus far anything over 150K is too much...but you may want to ask me in a month or 2 when he's played more games in firstgrade.

He's a player thats only going to get better in 1st grade.
If we paid him 150k per year I'd say he'd take it as he's still only young.

Well we paid 220k for Cannings, is that considered overs?
If we were willing to pay overs for cannings and not try and hold onto a skillful junior, I'd be really P*ssed

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
He's a player thats only going to get better in 1st grade.
If we paid him 150k per year I'd say he'd take it as he's still only young.

Well we paid 220k for Cannings, is that considered overs?
If we were willing to pay overs for cannings and not try and hold onto a skillful junior, I'd be really P*ssed

an up and coming star like Feleti would demand a structured payment where by he'd command something like 120K + bonusses in the first year than 200K + bonuses the second year than 250K in the third year when he should be at the very peak of his career.

sure, it's a gamble but that appears to be the norm with alot of contracts these days with promising players these days.

MrT

Juniors
eelavation said:
an up and coming star like Feleti would demand a structured payment where by he'd command something like 120K + bonusses in the first year than 200K + bonuses the second year than 250K in the third year when he should be at the very peak of his career.

sure, it's a gamble but that appears to be the norm with alot of contracts these days with promising players these days.

I disagree with that, no way he could be on 200k 2nd year and 250k 3rd year if he wasn't proven and played at Rep level

eloquentEEL

First Grade
eelavation said:

I'd be more than happy with that.... IF there was an option in our favour to make a call whether or not to continue each year (just to keep him on his toes). ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
I disagree with that, no way he could be on 200k 2nd year and 250k 3rd year if he wasn't proven and played at Rep level

I'm only throwing those figures as an example on how his pay structure may look like, to be brutally honest I don't know what he'd be offered nor am I prepared to guess. for all I know it could be those figures minus 60K per year.

btw, I was told that T's contract with us meant that if he took up the 4th years option that was in his favour he would of been earning more than would of in the previous 3 years.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eloquentEEL said:
I'd be more than happy with that.... IF there was an option in our favour to make a call whether or not to continue each year (just to keep him on his toes). ;-)

that could very well be the case.

MrT

Juniors
I think Feleti is going to be a sensation. If we only had a bigger pack, he would run even more rampant

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Apologies for late response to this post as I have been away from a computer.

Just on this news, it seems we have 3 players on our books whose best position is fullback and who all want to play fullback (I believe) in Hayne, Reddy and Burt. From what I have seen I really don't want Burt or Reddy on the wing again in first grade and IMO Hayne should be our long term fullback.

Maybe we signed Reddy for depth but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me when the position he plays and is best at, we actually have good depth in. All 3 players are actually good fullbacks but do we need 3 fullbacks. I am not having a go at Joel but IMO he doesn't actually fit our requirements. We occasionally need to make the hard decisions with our club

The other aspect is that if we keep Hayne on the wing he may get disillusioned and look elsewhere. Believe me he will be a gun fullback when he gets the chance in first grade and should get it sooner rather than later. However I can understand for team balance he is probably currently better on the wing

Stagger eel

Staff member
just bare in mind that those 3 players mentioned can play every position from 1 to 5, doesn't mean they can play it well but they have played there in the past.

Latest posts