What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Official: Withers

Bay56

First Grade
azza said:
Just seems a little odd that there is all this hooplah over his signing now, but we let him go quite happily in 2000. Has he improved as a player that much in the ensuing four years?

azza do you really want an answer to that :lol: :lol: :lol:

edabomb

First Grade
I agree with Prodigousman that in the short term J.Smith will be the best signing of the offseason.

Kris_man

Bench
Jason Smith, yeah, heaps of clubs were after him :roll: he was a buy with the thinking "let's be sneaky and look for players where no-one else will look". problem is, there's a damn good reason why nobody looks there.

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
Congrats guys

he is such a top bloke. From the few times that i have spoken to him he has been a legend!

My only worry would be him playing at 1/2back and the length of the contract.

Anway, i hope that Lincoln continues to show up to Wests Tiges games where he regularly sits with his mates in the team!

thickos

First Grade
CULLUS.ONLINE said:
Anway, i hope that Lincoln continues to show up to Wests Tiges games where he regularly sits with his mates in the team!

Could be difficult considering he now lives 300 km's away
:lol: :lol:

Anyways, I'm of the view that Withers will be our best signing because he is a long term prospect. Plus I think he has improved out of sight - his last game for us was the 2000 Roosters semi and he was run over time and time again - now he is one of the best 'little man' defenders in the comp.

Smith IMO will be excellent too but his effect is only going to last a season.

Well done management :clap:

Iafeta

Referee
If Canberra change their halfback and use a bit more depth in their game plan, Craig Frawley would be your best buy. He has a lot of talent. Withers has ticker, but if he's the best buy in comparison to losing Wiki, Davico and Monaghan, I feel sorry for Canberra fans.

thickos

First Grade
Iafeta said:
If Canberra change their halfback and use a bit more depth in their game plan, Craig Frawley would be your best buy. He has a lot of talent. Withers has ticker, but if he's the best buy in comparison to losing Wiki, Davico and Monaghan, I feel sorry for Canberra fans.

Joel who??? :p

Withers will go well back home in Canberra. He is maturing as a hooker and we must remember he is only 23.

We have more than enough talent in PL to hold us in good stead.

The Davico situation was a farce but as I have stated the only loss that is really hurting me is Wiki, as good a clubman as Luke was.

Latest posts