What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's over

Kiwi

First Grade
I hate to say it, but I can't see us making the 8, not a chance now when you look at who has to lose and who they play for us to make it.

Eels play the Knights and Raiders and should comfortably win both putting them out of reach

Cowboys play Sharks and Manly, and even if they lose to Manly we would need to kick a bajesus out of the Dragons and the Storm. Very very slim chance.

Bulldogs play Rabbits and Titans and would need to lose both and us win both to over take them, again, very very slim chance.

Storm play Panther, Roosters and the us. This is our only hope. We need the Panthers and Roosters to beat the Storm and then it'll be a final round play off. Storm beat the Panthers Monday our season is as good as gone and the top 8 pretty much decided.

I'll cheer us to the end of round 26, just can't see it. bring on 2015

lockyno1

Post Whore
You don't deserve to make it if you lose to Cronulla this year at home while being up 24-0

Kiwi

First Grade
You don't deserve to make it if you lose to Cronulla this year at home while being up 24-0

There are a few games we have lost this year we should have won, like the sharks and a few others we would have won where Hoffman's selection in the 6 had cost us a couple of tries in matches we have just lost.

hooch is crazy

Juniors
There are a few games we have lost this year we should have won, like the sharks and a few others we would have won where Hoffman's selection in the 6 had cost us a couple of tries in matches we have just lost.

Four matches have been lost when they were in front with less than ten to go and you seriously want to blame Hoffman's ball hogging tendencies for the team possibly missing the finals? In those games, they had already scored enough points. You only need to win by one. Defensively, as a team, they couldn't hold their opposition out when it mattered most.

24-0 up in that game against Cronulla but Hoffman cost them the win cause he hogged the ball. FMD.

user_nat

Coach
Bulldogs are a pretty decent chance at losing both those games IMO

That said, I doubt we can win in Melbourne. Particularly if they are also playing for a spot.

Last edited:

Maroon4life

Juniors
Do you really want to be fodder for the real contenders?

Toast the end of the season to Ben Hunt's comming of age, the end of Griffin and the incoming of Milford and Bennett.

some11

Referee
24-0 up in that game against Cronulla but Hoffman cost them the win cause he hogged the ball. FMD.

No one's blaming him for that game, the whole team took it up the rear.

We're talking about all the missed opportunities from Mr. Tunnel Vision.

Kiwi

First Grade
Four matches have been lost when they were in front with less than ten to go and you seriously want to blame Hoffman's ball hogging tendencies for the team possibly missing the finals? In those games, they had already scored enough points. You only need to win by one. Defensively, as a team, they couldn't hold their opposition out when it mattered most.

Roosters game was unacceptable along with the Sharks game, very poor effort defensively, not going to argue there.

However, for example against the titans we should never have been in a position to lose it in the final minutes, Hoffman bombed two tries that night where all he had to do was catch and pass. He does that we win the game easily. 'So I'm not talking the roosters game when we let in 2 late tries in the last 4 minutes to lose the game.

Ph1l

Juniors
In a year of some "incredible" against the run results, I wouldn't be writing anyone off on 26 points.

Dazzat

First Grade
Not sure if there's any financial benefit of making the eight, because if there's not, what's the point?

There is no way this team will beat the top teams, and the best thing that could happen for everyone is we don't make the eight and bring this sorry excuse of a year to an end.

As someone said, this year will be remembered as the coming-out year for Ben Hunt, and may serve as a sports psychology case study at a university of how not to run a football team.

Bronco18

Juniors
I think we can still make the 8 at the Storm's expense if they lose to the Roosters this weekend. It'll come down to differentials, so we might have to give the Dragons a bit of a touch up.

Yes I know we'll be cannon fodder for the top teams but it's always nice to make the 8.

Last edited:

Ph1l

Juniors
With Norman gone and Hoffman out, the team looks a lot better. I think the Broncs can shake up the final series.