What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its Time To Go...

Collateral

Coach
Who?

Poore, Sims, Creagh, Head and Henderson are all off contract.

Other players with no contract so far:

Haberacht, Isemonger and Bickerstaff.

So If you were in charge of the situtation, who would you re-sign and who would you let go?

For arguments sake lets say the price isnt a worry...but who would you let go on ability?

For mine, Head and Creagh should be re-signed rickity tick.

Poore has been a great foward for us recently and finally (fingers crossed) seems to of matured. He has shown patches similar to this before, but at the moment he is in career best form.

Henderson doesnt have the ability of the likes of Poore, Bailey and Ryles. But what he lacks in ability he makes up in heart and effort.

Sims has been the 'next big thing' for a while now and we are seeing that he is still maturing and at a slower rate than that of Poore and Hendo. Injured a fair bit also and has a real problem with consistency.

Keep in mind Bailey is going at the end of the season also and Ryles isnt getting any younger.

If I could, I would like to see us retain Poore, Creagh, Head and Haberacht.

2007 foward pack:

8. Poore
9. Gorrell/Wing/Woolford (we only need one of them)
10. Ryles

11. Creagh
12. Payne
13. Young

14. Wicks
15. Haberacht
16. Leaeno
17. Te Maari

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Haberacht has the build and mobility of a 2nd rower, so I'd say he'd slot in well where the two ex-Sharkie's have been.

I'm confident that, with the money we free from Barrett, we can keep all but Ise or Bicker.

I'd like to keep one of them just for depth.

Corkie292

Juniors
Collateral/Les,
For the life of me I can't understand why we would waste money signing up guys like Wing and Wollford instead of using the money to retain who we've already got. It's been a Hooker merrygoround at the Dragons of late i.e. Withers, Ennis and I think we've proven that we've got quality Hookers who can do the job already. Gozza has proven himself after getting a reprieve and we've got the options of Georgie & Deano at Hooker if necessary. I'm a big fan of a mixture of youth & experience in the pack. Hang on to as many young blokes as dollars would allow but retain an "old head" to provide a bit of leadership. It would be Bickers for mine. I've got to know the bloke off field and he is a class act, loves the Dragons and dearly wants to stay. He has proven himself this year and with due respect to "The Iceman" isn't as injury prone. Whay do you think ?

Simon

Juniors
Well Doust seems pretty confident that Creagh and Head will be locked up next week and that Poore, Leano and Henderson will be secured soon. He stated this in the Leader.

So in saying this I think Sims looks like he may be the one that's going to leave. I hope not but with Wicks coming along, I suppose his loss can be covered. I also don't think Gorrell will stay.

Next Year

8. Poore
9. Woolford
10. Ryles
11. Payne / Wicks
12. Creagh
13. Young

14. Henderson
15. Leano
16. Payne / Wicks
17. Ndaira

Father Ted

First Grade
I think Woolford will do for our forward pack what Perry Haddock used to do with Graeme Wynn .

les amber

Juniors
Have just been told, Simsy has been given permission to negotiate elsewhere > Roosetrs swooping..

Bellamy was the mane behind his Country inclusion though ? looking to recruit him

petetheileet

First Grade
I really dont see the value we get outa Poore...often makes mistakes at crucial times and gives away penalities atround the play the ball, there is nothing really special about him and he doesn't seem to bust his guts like hendo does, if sum1 needs to go, id like it to be him, all the others have too much talent to let go..

gregstar

Referee
why is creagh still not signed?!!!!!!!!!!!!

i sense a trip to sydney with a toilet stop in doust's office comming on!

Collateral

Coach
By the amount of games he seems to of played this season I would of said he retired at the end of last year.

borat

Bench
IMO with the exception of Creagh and Head who have to be priority signings, whoever else wants to hold us to ransome then let them go.

I do not beleive that Sims provides us any more than what Payne, Bickerstaff or Isemonger give us at a fraction of the cost.

Poore is our best option for prop next year but if the roosters are going to offer stupid money then let them have him.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dragonwest said:
We'd be stupid not to offer him a 100 grand contract on the long service entitlement for next yr.
He may get $300K per year in the UK, and a two year contract. If he waits another season in Australia, he might miss the boat to England.

Media reports say that Brownie is trying to get Timmo to stay on for another season, which suggests this is his last year at Saints.

The Preacher

First Grade
I really don't want to get rid of anyone, especially juniors we have developed, but I know we will have to, to stay under the cap.
I think the money that Hendo and Ashton will be offered will be too high for us compared with the players we have already so I'd probably sacrifice them.
Tom Harberecht has been playing good footy and I think we should keep him on board, naturally AFTER we resign Head and Creagh.
I suppose the rest are negotiated with in an order of merit style. It would be interesting to see what sort of scale the retention committee has as far as who is next in line for signing etc, and how far up the list Bickerstaff and Isemonger are. They have both, IMO, been great buy's for the club. :)

The Preacher

First Grade
I'm biased, but I hope they don't resign Best. With Wes and Morris being the favoured wing pairing I believe keeping a great clubman like Reece would be an ideal situation.
He can play wing, fullback, half and five-eighth, and I reckon you could just about throw him into hooker without a worry in the world. But as I said, I do show bias. :)