What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Izzy anyone?

hooch is crazy

Juniors
Only a good deal if it's back ended and includes a clause that he plays at least 75% of NRL games (excluding injuries) to ensure he sticks around. And only if he plays fullback.

Except no decent agent would agree to the first part and no decent CEO/football operations manager would do another deal with Folau without it after the last debacle.

DeeJ

Bench
News today is that if the Bulldogs get Folau, we will be in battle with the Titans for Ben Barba.

Let's hope this works out for us, we could really use some speed.

unbreaK

Juniors
News today is that if the Bulldogs get Folau, we will be in battle with the Titans for Ben Barba.

Won't happen.

1) Greenberg has publicly said that they simply can't afford Folau
2) Even if by some miracle they do shift some things around and can afford him:

Gold Coast Titans have as much money as us
Better team than us (At the moment)
Potentially great young halves pairing
Better facilities
Gold Coast is better to live than Brisbane
His younger brother plays for the Titans

Tera

Juniors
Orly? I watched a documentary on the Titans new facilities and they looked absolutely amazing, can't recall what the Broncos facilities look like.

The "Centre of Excellence" is what you're referring to. Unfortunately for them they had to sell it off due to their financial woes.

I'd say if he were to go to either club we'd be a strong chance. Titans signed Zillman as a fullback for a zillion (see what I did there?) years and ours is moving on after this year.

I'd welcome him with open arms, imagine having two backs who can consistently break tackles and create oppotunitie?!

Maroon4life

Juniors

Folau and speed? please.

FWIW i hope we don't go anywhere near him, he's not that good. Bit of a perpetuated myth, good under the high ball is all.

Dazzat

First Grade
Something has to break soon - maybe a star player will actually feel sorry for the Broncos and join ...??

This is the second time this rumour has done the rounds.

One has to ask the question - why is it only the Bulldogs in the running for Folau? The Broncos should be looking at signing either Folau or Barba.

Dazzat

First Grade
Folau and speed? please.

FWIW i hope we don't go anywhere near him, he's not that good. Bit of a perpetuated myth, good under the high ball is all.

You have a short memory. One of the best tackle busters in the game and scored Inglis like tries that most other players would not have come close to.

unbreaK

Juniors
1) Folau
2) Yow Yeh
3) Hodges
4) Reed
5) Hoffman

Yeah, who cares what our halves pairing is, if we have that next season we'll be top 8

hooch is crazy

Juniors
Brisbane have cap room and positional needs which means every agent in the land with a player they want to upgrade/re-sign will be whispering "Broncos," to the pad-and-pencil brigade. They do it cause it works. Barba will have his upgrade, Folau will stay with NSW in the super rugby and we'll get Luke Bailey or something.

I don't dare let my heart dream anymore. People say the recruitment rot started with Inglis knocking Gee back but it was Hunt's defection that set things off. A favourite son bailing in his prime? Unheard of round these parts. At least, back then it was. Par for the course nowadays.

Buy the grand final box set and just ride this sh*t out.

Dazzat

First Grade
Brisbane have cap room and positional needs which means every agent in the land with a player they want to upgrade/re-sign will be whispering "Broncos," to the pad-and-pencil brigade. They do it cause it works. Barba will have his upgrade, Folau will stay with NSW in the super rugby and we'll get Luke Bailey or something.

I don't dare let my heart dream anymore. People say the recruitment rot started with Inglis knocking Gee back but it was Hunt's defection that set things off. A favourite son bailing in his prime? Unheard of round these parts. At least, back then it was. Par for the course nowadays.

No ... goes back to Wally Lewis getting the boot.

bronco_buddy

Juniors

Couldn't agree more! I think the glory days may be over, time to batten down the hatches

DeeJ

Bench
Folau and speed? please.

I meant Barba and speed, of course.

Having said that Izzy is faster than anyone on our team now. I think he's been faster this year for the waratahs too, probably aided by him losing some weight in his AFL stint.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Slight de-rail but, anyone else get the feeling that we're persisting with Norman at FB because we're planning to chase a big name?

I think we're persisting with him for the complete lack of a better option. Yeah we could shuffle some players around, but that creates a myriad of other issues, none of which help our overall balance.

Whichever big name we might be chasing won't help us this year, so I suspect Griffin et al are just trying to make the best of a bad situation (that they have allowed to develop).

Personally, I hold little hope for us this year. There is no cavalry coming back to turn things around, as seen with our origin "stars" return even failing to improve our performance on Monday night.

I suspect we have a very long remainder of the season ahead of us. We won't trouble any of the top teams and whilst we may pick up a game or two here and there, we'll be well down the ladder and will be amongst the first teams celebrating mad Monday.

Griffin and Thaiday will mumble on about working harder, getting harder etc but nothing will really change until and unless perhaps when the season is actually gone, we blood a few youngsters in the final rounds in a desperate hope to see if ANYTHING we have in the club talent-wise at the moment works.

Followed by a significant clear-out ala - the end of 2008, when we got rid of "duds" like Greg Eastwood, Darius Boyd, Ben Hannant, Michael Ennis, Tony Carroll and David Stagg...

Latest posts