What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack de Belin

shiloh dc

Juniors
A similar player (one team player) at another club may take a 2 year contract at say 400K and a wink;)

Not sure the Dragons would do that - so offer him 500K - 550K.

He is worth more than Leilua who is getting 600K+

Jim Dragons

Juniors
My guess is we want to keep JDB for 2025.......not so keen 2026
JDB probably wants the security of 2026
Also he is insurance in case we are trying to move on Lawrie and having too many young guys have to step up

Fafita?
MMolo?
Couchmans?

JDB last 10 games is 15 runs a game, 55mins, 123metres

Trey Mooney must be in the equation for recruitment also for 2025 and maybe $500k pa for two years would get it done?

I also wonder if Toby Couchman in 2025, off the bench, would be able to achieve the same stats if not better than JDB ?

Toby has been flawless in NSW Cup and coming off the bench has so much time and space vs starting as a prop

Tobys stats in Ressies for a 20yr old have been quite amazing really. Top of NSW Cup for hitups, metres, tackles, tackle effectiveness and minutes as a starting prop from memory ?

There is a good chance with him 21yrs end of this year (and next season) plus a stack of men's development time last 3 years in Ressies and FG ..........well he would be pretty close to the mark.
You're right about the Couchmans for likely 25 (but def for 26).... needing to open a space for them would mean a JDB needs to be a year by year offer. Its a risk he walks - but it may force the coaching hands to have to play at least one Couchman. They are the future and if Jack is being honest to himself he would acknowledge that the offer is there for him to be a one club player

TheRev

First Grade
Carayannis said on the ABC earlier this afternoon that De Belin will more than likely accept a 2 year deal from another club in the NRL.
Was the wording more like "if DeBelin wants a 2yr deal, he will have to go to another club"?

I think thats what he was saying on friday... it sounds like in the other forum he has resigned himself to playing year to year now.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Pretty fed up with the de Belin situation tbh, he is at least one of our best 3 forwards and he has yet to show any signs of aging or slowing down. He is part of the club, we stood by him in his time of persecution and skull duggery done to him by some for reasons unknown, He has 2 years left in him at this level, why haven't we secured him by now for the next 2 years? Losing Lomax was a debacle, lets not repeat it one month later.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
And exactly who (out there in tv land) are we like for like going to replace him with.
please do tell!
I am happy with JDB, no dispute there. At $450k for one year. If he performs well again, likely same again in 2026.. don’t forget he will be 35 at the beginning of 2026 season.
In two years time we will have a large pool of development forwards needing to break through.
Keeping JDB Longer term means the coachman’s, egan's, halangalo’s will be snapped up by somewhere else.
hopefully also the $300k Savings on his current contract go to other positions we need to bolster depth, like halves, hookers and large props

Last edited:

shiloh dc

Juniors
I am happy with JDB, no dispute there. At $450k for one year. If he performs well again, likely same again in 2026.. don’t forget he will be 35 at the beginning of 2026 season.
and don't forget he missed two years footy so JDB would be a 35 year old man in a 33 year old's body..
Honestly we will struggle to use the cap in the next two years if our inability to attract great players continues to play out.
Losing JDB and replacing him with a 600K Luciano Faitala-Molo would be one crazy stupid move by the Dragons.
Does it not feel like they want to get rid of JDB for another reason? Is it Ben Hunt's desire or does having JDB as our all time appearance record holder scare our BOD?

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I sense since #gangbanggate camps have been divided on JDB. Both inside the club and with supporters. We lost Frizzell over it also as his crew weren’t happy with the clubs stance of support.
As I said, I am happy to keep him at $450k for a year. If he wants closer to $750k like he is currently on, he can leave.
We have underachieved since 2011, and JDB has been a key, highly paid player during that recent period of time.
We need change!!
continuing solid performances will also help to attract players.
Pieces of the puzzle are coming together but we still have a road to go until we become an actual threat in 2026.
Dead wood out, new troops in.
Bird and Lawrie can also already see the writing on the wall.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Many believe De Belin at $750k and Lomax at $850k are over paid, moving them on is hardly the debacle you suggest. Better list management would be a more accurate way to describe it.
Wish we could 'better list management' like the Roosters seem to do.
Lomax will embarrass us for years to come. JDB is, as I said one of our 3 best forwards, surely worthy of a good forward's salary....if he is picked up by someone else he will embarrass us too.

FlickFlano

Juniors
and don't forget he missed two years footy so JDB would be a 35 year old man in a 33 year old's body..
Honestly we will struggle to use the cap in the next two years if our inability to attract great players continues to play out.
Losing JDB and replacing him with a 600K Luciano Faitala-Molo would be one crazy stupid move by the Dragons.
Does it not feel like they want to get rid of JDB for another reason? Is it Ben Hunt's desire or does having JDB as our all time appearance record holder scare our BOD?

Nope .. it is just he is an utter flog who still carries on like a pork chop off the field. The lies about "putting his family first" are laughable.
He plays good footy for now but is another ticking time bomb the club would be best seeing the back of.

Flano wants a squad that wants to play for us on his terms, he wants to improve culture and he is already starting to turn things around. JDB can chose to toe that line or he can f**k off. Simple.

Well well well,
The bomber and his future is an apt discussion. This player has invested his life to this club; and his heart and every ounce of effort on the field, in a way very few could match.

He should (whether the reputed control freak coach comes to the fore is now unfortunately very unlikely) be offered an enticing contract for 3 years, and injury free, would eclipse hornbys record for most number of games in the famous red V.

Ps be on the watch for a Weidler article in this Sundays Sunherald. Makes for riveting reading.
Is it just me or did I miss the riveting reading on offer from Enoughs Enough? Oops sorry, I mean Danny Weidler (One in same)

Latest posts