What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack de Belin

FlickFlano

Juniors
He is still also an utter flogg who hasnt changed the way he carries on off the field. A complete cancerous bad attitide if we actually want to develop players for the future who can actually be the kind of role models we want out team to be.

So sure .. good player ... but f**k me we have to demand better ... The last bloke i want teaching inspiring the likes of our SG Ball forwards coming through is this bloke.

BLM01

First Grade
He is still also an utter flogg who hasnt changed the way he carries on off the field. A complete cancerous bad attitide if we actually want to develop players for the future who can actually be the kind of role models we want out team to be.

So sure .. good player ... but f**k me we have to demand better ... The last bloke i want teaching inspiring the likes of our SG Ball forwards coming through is this bloke.
Ok you can come down now off your soap box
He has paid a pretty costly price for his misdemeanors or indiscretions
Most dont care moving forward, not sure why you personally have to hold onto what he did in 2018 look at the other players running round that have been guilty of indiscretions
Id happily have him teaching our young players tackling technique and fitness / game prep because he is one of our best

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
I heard stories from a few ppl that Jack is pretty full on when hes out on the town.... I assume thats the sort of thing we are talking about. Its fine for Joe Blow, but prob not great for a recognisable NRL player.

I love him on the field though, I dont think we will find anyone better and we need middles bad..... but if he doesnt get a contract for 2025, that might be an indication that Flanno has issues with him.

Or.... it could just be that he was on 750k, and is now being offered 400...... we have no idea if there is an offer on the table.

BLM01

First Grade
I heard stories from a few ppl that Jack is pretty full on when hes out on the town.... I assume thats the sort of thing we are talking about. Its fine for Joe Blow, but prob not great for a recognisable NRL player.

I love him on the field though, I dont think we will find anyone better and we need middles bad..... but if he doesnt get a contract for 2025, that might be an indication that Flanno has issues with him.

Or.... it could just be that he was on 750k, and is now being offered 400...... we have no idea if there is an offer on the table.
there has been and has been rejected because it was too low but you are not far off the mark

BLM01

First Grade

Exactly what you said. If it was me it's fine, why is it not fine for a rugby league player when not affecting anyone else or impacting on field performances doing something in their own time.
And full on means what? Regardless what he does the lynch mob will always throw stones, blow things out of proportion and he has to live with that and partly self inflicted. It is also life of a well know sportsman especially after being in the headlines for the wrong reason.

Last edited:

maestro1

Bench
I just had to buy a new set of tyres. There was still plenty of tread on the old ones, but after 6 years the rubber had hardened to the point they were no longer any good in the wet.

Is this analogous to JDB? I have no idea.
No the analogy doesn't apply. Watching JDB is enough to show this. He has been our best forward over the 8 rounds. Su'a has also been huge. Big improvement by FMolo. Eisunhuth has been a trademan, RFM a massive improvement to our pack. BMM being used correctly and has been very good. Time to slowly introduce Couchmans, Fifita and Tuitavake. BLawrie has been shyte. Time to recruit two Alpha middles.

TheRev

First Grade
And full on means what?
Yaa I didnt want to be specific because I don't want to cause any more trouble or stories about him... other than to say if Flanno did have an issue, I could understand that this may be part of it.

But if you are saying there is an offer on the table, all be it much lower than he's used too.. thats a good sign that Flanno can work with him.. and It would be hard to take such a big pay cut, but I dont think any other NRL clubs will come calling.. I dont think.. but its not impossible if they r short a middle and 2025 is looming.

maestro1

Bench
I don't want to lose him, but he would be a fantastic acquisition to a club on the rise like the Warriors. Heck, he is fantastic for us, unfortunately our squad has become dumber and less skillful by the last decade and poor coaches. JDB is NRL quality and value adds to our pack and squad. It is being drawn for you each game. We are a far superior pack and team when he is on the field. This is not a coincidence

Yaa I didnt want to be specific because I don't want to cause any more trouble or stories about him... other than to say if Flanno did have an issue, I could understand that this may be part of it.

But if you are saying there is an offer on the table, all be it much lower than he's used too.. thats a good sign that Flanno can work with him.. and It would be hard to take such a big pay cut, but I dont think any other NRL clubs will come calling.. I dont think.. but its not impossible if they r short a middle and 2025 is looming.
Flanno has recruited some elite off the field performers over the years: Barba, Dugan, Carney, etc. I don't think these things are important to him.

Dragon David

First Grade
I don't want to lose him, but he would be a fantastic acquisition to a club on the rise like the Warriors. Heck, he is fantastic for us, unfortunately our squad has become dumber and less skillful by the last decade and poor coaches. JDB is NRL quality and value adds to our pack and squad. It is being drawn for you each game. We are a far superior pack and team when he is on the field. This is not a coincidence
I think that the amount of work that JDB has to put in because we don't have a couple of better props who can dictate the middle has been great. Just imagine how he would be if we did have those stronger, more resilient, tough props to support him. Wow!!

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
No the analogy doesn't apply. Watching JDB is enough to show this. He has been our best forward over the 8 rounds. Su'a has also been huge. Big improvement by FMolo. Eisunhuth has been a trademan, RFM a massive improvement to our pack. BMM being used correctly and has been very good. Time to slowly introduce Couchmans, Fifita and Tuitavake. BLawrie has been shyte. Time to recruit two Alpha middles.
The Couchmen are too good to be playing reggies. I know the talk of this forum as of late has been that stats don't tell the whole story. While true, the stats they put up yesterday are absolutely crazy given the minutes they both played.

Toby - 54 min - 15 runs for 208m, 88pcm, 4 tackle breaks. 39 tackles 0 misses
Ryan - 59 min - 16 runs for 176m, 83pcm, 5 tackle breaks. 48 tackles for 2 misses. Did make a few errors and give away a few penalties, but come on. Him and his brother's performances were incredible.

The Couchmen are too good to be playing reggies. I know the talk of this forum as of late has been that stats don't tell the whole story. While true, the stats they put up yesterday are absolutely crazy given the minutes they both played.

Toby - 54 min - 15 runs for 208m, 88pcm, 4 tackle breaks. 39 tackles 0 misses
Ryan - 59 min - 16 runs for 176m, 83pcm, 5 tackle breaks. 48 tackles for 2 misses. Did make a few errors and give away a few penalties, but come on. Him and his brother's performances were incredible.
And Ryan didn't just make 48 tackles, he was whacking them!

Even with the errors, Ryan finished with the most fantasy points in the match (72). Toby was next with 69. The Sharks winger Stonestreet had 62.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
And Ryan didn't just make 48 tackles, he was whacking them!

Even with the errors, Ryan finished with the most fantasy points in the match (72). Toby was next with 69. The Sharks winger Stonestreet had 62.
Happy to hear that, mate! You must've gone to the game, I assume. We need some hard tacklers in this team and we've got a legitamite package deal unlike the Feagais unfortunately who haven't quite kicked on. Although apparently Matt was pretty good yesterday at centre

Happy to hear that, mate! You must've gone to the game, I assume. We need some hard tacklers in this team and we've got a legitamite package deal unlike the Feagais unfortunately who haven't quite kicked on. Although apparently Matt was pretty good yesterday at centre
Yeah. I was there. I'm going today as well.

I thought our spine let us down yesterday. It was a pretty good game though. There were some errors. But for the most part both teams defended well.