What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack de Belin

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I don’t believe anybody else wants JDB for 2 years, apart from his manager trying to drum up some headlines.
Unless he wants to go to the UK.
This is how Flanno managed Gallen at the the sharks also.
Sign on for 1 year, and prove you are worth the extra 1 year extension next year.
People should watch JDB closely, when not doing a hit up, or direct defence he is actually quite slow these days moving laterally. He is not the same player as he was pre #gangbanggate

denis preston

First Grade
I don’t believe anybody else wants JDB for 2 years, apart from his manager trying to drum up some headlines.
Unless he wants to go to the UK.
This is how Flanno managed Gallen at the the sharks also.
Sign on for 1 year, and prove you are worth the extra 1 year extension next year.
People should watch JDB closely, when not doing a hit up, or direct defence he is actually quite slow these days moving laterally. He is not the same player as he was pre #gangbanggate
He was always one of the last players onside after a opposition kick downfield.

hewi

Bench
From The Roar

/
Duration 0:23

Fullscreen
Jack de Belin is weighing up whether to leave the NRL for the security of longer deals already tabled in England, as a contract stand-off with St George Illawarra drags on.
Off contract at the end of 2024, de Belin has been told by the Dragons they only want to offer him one-year deals at his age.
The 33-year-old has attracted interest from rival NRL clubs, but at this stage they too are for one-year deals.
FacebookTwitterRedditEmail
De Belin’s preference is to stay in Wollongong and finish as a one-club player, with the former NSW State of Origin representative by far the Dragons’ longest-serving player.
He indicated he would almost re-sign immediately if the current offer is extended to two years.
“That’s kind of what the stand-off (with the Dragons) has been,” de Belin told AAP.
“I would prefer to get the two years so I don’t have to go through this whole process again next year.
“I have been at the club for a long time. I feel like they know what kind of player and person I am.

Advertisement
ROCKHAMPTON, AUSTRALIA - AUGUST 28: Jack De Belin of the Dragons looks on during the round 24 NRL match between the St George Illawarra Dragons and the North Queensland Cowboys at Browne Park, on August 28, 2021, in Rockhampton, Australia. (Photo by Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images)

Jack de Belin was previously stood down by the NRL when he faced serious charges. (Photo by Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images)
“I was hoping to get that, but at the same time it is a business and they have to do what they have to do as well.
“I would like to get something finalised pretty quickly.”
AAP has been told de Belin has been offered multi-year deals by numerous English clubs.
But playing on de Belin’s mind is the belief he has more to offer in Australia, and knows any English move would end his NRL career.
De Belin’s current Dragons contract is the one he signed in 2020, during a two-and-a-half-year stand-down from the game while fighting sexual assault charges.
He routinely points to that period as to why he believes his body does not feel as old as his age suggests, with more years left in it.

“It’s nice to know there are options over there (in England),” de Belin said.
“I could go overseas essentially.
“Maybe if I didn’t think I was up to the speed of the NRL any more, or if I didn’t have it in me I could definitely go over there.
“But while I’m still playing at a higher level, a big part of me wants to stay here in the NRL. I don’t think I’m in a position to go yet.”
De Belin’s future could also hinge on other factors with Parramatta yet to decide on a coach for 2025 and Stefano Utoikamanu’s future at Wests Tigers up in the air.
There is also interest in de Belin from Wayne Bennett, but South Sydney’s salary-cap situation is clouded given Lachlan Ilias is yet to find a new home.
Souths have released Damien Cook to the Dragons for next year with Euan Aitken to follow Bennett from Redcliffe to Redfern.

“Wayne was my debut coach and I’m forever grateful for him seeing something in me,” de Belin said.
“I will always have a special spot for Wayne.”

From The Roar

/
Duration 0:23

Fullscreen
Jack de Belin is weighing up whether to leave the NRL for the security of longer deals already tabled in England, as a contract stand-off with St George Illawarra drags on.
Off contract at the end of 2024, de Belin has been told by the Dragons they only want to offer him one-year deals at his age.
The 33-year-old has attracted interest from rival NRL clubs, but at this stage they too are for one-year deals.
FacebookTwitterRedditEmail
De Belin’s preference is to stay in Wollongong and finish as a one-club player, with the former NSW State of Origin representative by far the Dragons’ longest-serving player.
He indicated he would almost re-sign immediately if the current offer is extended to two years.
“That’s kind of what the stand-off (with the Dragons) has been,” de Belin told AAP.
“I would prefer to get the two years so I don’t have to go through this whole process again next year.
“I have been at the club for a long time. I feel like they know what kind of player and person I am.

Advertisement
ROCKHAMPTON, AUSTRALIA - AUGUST 28: Jack De Belin of the Dragons looks on during the round 24 NRL match between the St George Illawarra Dragons and the North Queensland Cowboys at Browne Park, on August 28, 2021, in Rockhampton, Australia. (Photo by Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images)

Jack de Belin was previously stood down by the NRL when he faced serious charges. (Photo by Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images)
“I was hoping to get that, but at the same time it is a business and they have to do what they have to do as well.
“I would like to get something finalised pretty quickly.”
AAP has been told de Belin has been offered multi-year deals by numerous English clubs.
But playing on de Belin’s mind is the belief he has more to offer in Australia, and knows any English move would end his NRL career.
De Belin’s current Dragons contract is the one he signed in 2020, during a two-and-a-half-year stand-down from the game while fighting sexual assault charges.
He routinely points to that period as to why he believes his body does not feel as old as his age suggests, with more years left in it.

“It’s nice to know there are options over there (in England),” de Belin said.
“I could go overseas essentially.
“Maybe if I didn’t think I was up to the speed of the NRL any more, or if I didn’t have it in me I could definitely go over there.
“But while I’m still playing at a higher level, a big part of me wants to stay here in the NRL. I don’t think I’m in a position to go yet.”
De Belin’s future could also hinge on other factors with Parramatta yet to decide on a coach for 2025 and Stefano Utoikamanu’s future at Wests Tigers up in the air.
There is also interest in de Belin from Wayne Bennett, but South Sydney’s salary-cap situation is clouded given Lachlan Ilias is yet to find a new home.
Souths have released Damien Cook to the Dragons for next year with Euan Aitken to follow Bennett from Redcliffe to Redfern.

“Wayne was my debut coach and I’m forever grateful for him seeing something in me,” de Belin said.
“I will always have a special spot for Wayne.”
Wayne is all Business
sucking up - won't get a two year deal.

I love what JDB has given whilst available, but age is age.
I don't necessarily subscribe to the Two years off = 2 years extended life span in NRL

I do hope he recognises the loyally shown by the the Dragons in his time of need. I reckon it cost us heaps when considering the negative NRL regard we received supporting Jack.

1 year should be acceptable if he believes he's got 2 years in him
his performance should guarantee a final year .

Provides loyalty and incentive for both Jack and club

Gareth67

First Grade
how is your lawn looking ol fela
Winter lawn , lot of frost of a morning down Tumut way and now that winter has us firmly in its grasp it will not be until spring before it comes back .

Yes , yes , I can almost hear the question boggling away in your mind , I have told my darling Ethel she may have a break now until spring . Only kitchen duties for now .

Winter lawn , lot of frost of a morning down Tumut way and now that winter has us firmly in its grasp it will not be until spring before it comes back .

Yes , yes , I can almost hear the question boggling away in your mind , I have told my darling Ethel she may have a break now until spring . Only kitchen duties for now .
No, no, no, Gareth,

Manual removal

Ethel needs to pull them out. This method works well for winter grass (weeds). Also, get her mowing regularly . This will prevent the winter grass from producing seed heads and spreading.

this means much less work for her in Summer.

Fair Dinkum - we need to show our other halves that a little extra work now, equals less work in the future.

For me unfortunately - the above is how i explain what I am doing but ......................................................!

jak

Bench

glad to hear the young lady will be getting a break.